USER POLL-WHICH 3 FEATURES DO YOU WANT SECOND AFTER RELEASE?

WHICH 3 FEATURES DO YOU WANT SECOND AFTER RELEASE?

Poll ended at Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:01 am

EPub and .MOBI eBook generation from compile
13%
peg-Multimarkdown & Latex support
2%
Metadata
6%
Multiple project notes
15%
Comments and footnotes in inspector
13%
Text editor layouts
11%
Sync with Simplenote
2%
FinalDraft import and export
6%
Customizable icons for binder, cork board and outliner
18%
Full screen background customization & free form cork board
15%

Total votes: 282
in
indigo_room
Platform: Windows

Sat Mar 12, 2011 12:52 am Post

1. Freeform corkboard

2. EPUB and MOBI from Compile

3. Metadata

But the program is terrific as is!

Do
Dovahn

Sat Mar 12, 2011 5:26 pm Post

Jeffrey Tyrrell wrote:What I would really like is help with academic work flow through integration with a referencing programme. I use Menderly (http://www.mendeley.com) which has a published API for this purpose but Bibtex would be just as useful.

Regards
Jeffrey

I registered just to agree with this. Once Scrivener has MMD/LaTeX support (a feature I'd also love to see soon), and if Mendeley support were to be built in, my academic workflow would be ideal. I don't know the details about the Mendeley API, but I'm sure if you're able to implement it, Scrivener would become much more appealing to me and some of my colleagues.

di
dirkvl
Platform: Mac

Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:38 am Post

An integration with Mendeley (www.mendeley.com) would be fantastic. Een a drag and drop function would be helpful, if plug-in is to work intensive. Many thanks. D.

ah
ahendrad

Sat Mar 26, 2011 11:32 am Post

Does the "free form cork board" means we can move each scene freely? If so, that'll be so cool! But I'm worried it will just make us confused, though, if we don't keep everything in order. It can be useful, granted, especially with the way we can rant the scenes like a mind map. But if too complicated it'll just be troublesome.

MimeticMouton
Platform: Mac + Windows

Sun Mar 27, 2011 1:28 am Post

The freeform corkboard is in a way like another view option--you can flip between it and the regular corkboard. Moving cards (ie, documents) in the freeform corkboard doesn't affect their place in the binder (or, consequently, in the regular corkboard or outliner) unless you specifically click a button to commit the order. In that case, the documents in the binder will be reordered according to criteria you select to match your freeform arrangement as much as possible, e.g. listing the cards starting at the top left and moving over and down. You can arrange cards in the freeform corkboard and leave them without committing their order, switching back to the regular corkboard or other views which still display the true binder arrangement, and then back to freeform without losing your custom arrangement.

So your binder organization always stays intact, and everything in the interface works as usual, but you get the additional option of special view where you can arrange a container's documents non-linearly. I find this a great place for brainstorming fiction, when I'm not ready to order things in list form yet but like to cluster related ideas as elements develop into scenes or events move around as I figure out how they're related. Freeform corkboard on the Mac works for viewing static Collections, too, so it's easy to pull together documents from all over your binder to view and move around together (without affecting their placement in the hierarchy).
Jennifer Hughes
(MM for short)

robertdguthrie
Platform: Mac

Sun Nov 13, 2011 2:19 am Post

I'm curious how the two polls ended up influencing the prioritization of the features listed. I'm pretty sure I can pick out items 1 and 2, but then it gets a bit murky. Personally, the only two features that matter to me (being a Mac + Windows version user) are the ones that allow me to continue to access and create multiple Project notes and inspector comments. I really prefer the inspector comments to in-line, but I can't have them at all if I edit the same documents on both platforms. It's a rough life I lead, having to do without two features that I have access to 90% of the time, but they do say writers must suffer for their art. :roll:

So. The short version: how did the polls line up feature priority?
Often wrong, rarely in doubt.
Time for a change... I'm now rdale; same dog-avatar, same dog... channel?

tm
tman

Sun Nov 13, 2011 4:25 am Post

Fully customizable keyboard.

Je
Jeco

Tue Nov 15, 2011 4:43 am Post

For me would be Revisions.

Thanks.

Jeco
Writing is sculpturing your dream.

sc
sciagent

Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:21 pm Post

Sync with Simplenote
Multiple project notes
Metadata

si
simeva

Thu Jun 28, 2012 1:37 pm Post

Metadata (incl. date and number format fields, and metadata included in search and sort criteria)
Customizable icons (presumably this isn't just about how they look, but would include, say, getting a one-click link to a specific file, or a collection, displayed in a selectable view (corkboard, scrivenings etc).
Free-form corkboard.

remccainjr

Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:52 am Post

Export to Markdown files for ease of publishing with Leanpub - http://www.leanpub.com

tr
troyscrivenerforum

Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:08 am Post

MimeticMouton wrote:The freeform corkboard is in a way like another view option--you can flip between it and the regular corkboard. Moving cards (ie, documents) in the freeform corkboard doesn't affect their place in the binder (or, consequently, in the regular corkboard or outliner) unless you specifically click a button to commit the order. In that case, the documents in the binder will be reordered according to criteria you select to match your freeform arrangement as much as possible, e.g. listing the cards starting at the top left and moving over and down. You can arrange cards in the freeform corkboard and leave them without committing their order, switching back to the regular corkboard or other views which still display the true binder arrangement, and then back to freeform without losing your custom arrangement.

So your binder organization always stays intact, and everything in the interface works as usual, but you get the additional option of special view where you can arrange a container's documents non-linearly. I find this a great place for brainstorming fiction, when I'm not ready to order things in list form yet but like to cluster related ideas as elements develop into scenes or events move around as I figure out how they're related. Freeform corkboard on the Mac works for viewing static Collections, too, so it's easy to pull together documents from all over your binder to view and move around together (without affecting their placement in the hierarchy).

Please, please, please add this to the Windows version ASAP. Pretty please.