USER POLL-WHICH 3 FEATURES DO YOU WANT SECOND AFTER RELEASE?

WHICH 3 FEATURES DO YOU WANT SECOND AFTER RELEASE?

Poll ended at Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:01 am

EPub and .MOBI eBook generation from compile
13%
peg-Multimarkdown & Latex support
2%
Metadata
6%
Multiple project notes
15%
Comments and footnotes in inspector
13%
Text editor layouts
11%
Sync with Simplenote
2%
FinalDraft import and export
6%
Customizable icons for binder, cork board and outliner
18%
Full screen background customization & free form cork board
15%

Total votes: 282
LAP
Platform: Windows

Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:01 am Post

This poll runs for two full weeks. You may select your next highest priority for 3 choices - assuming you have made your top priority choice in the previous poll titled:
USER POLL -WHAT FEATURE DO YOU WANT FIRST AFTER RELEASE?

You can change your vote at anytime during the next two weeks.

Lee

sa
sablebadger

Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:27 am Post

"Sync with Simplenote"

Is it possible to vote for Sync with Evernote?

al
altocumulus

Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:28 am Post

I'm not familiar with Simplenote - so am unable to make a vote on this ...

Prior to using Scrivener I used Onenote primarily because I could use the auto-sync facility and move between PC and laptop with the assistance of a flashdrive, knowing my work would be synched correctly, and by default give me three copies in case of "you know what".

Would it be possible for something similar to be added to Scrivener?

Otherwise, of the choices given, I have no strong feelings in any direction.....
Scrivener 1.9.0.0 for Windows on --- Laptop running Windows 10

du
duende

Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:32 pm Post

you can get this behavior by storing your Scrivener (and OneNote) folders on Dropbox (http://db.tt/HLZTgog)

altocumulus wrote:Prior to using Scrivener I used Onenote primarily because I could use the auto-sync facility and move between PC and laptop with the assistance of a flashdrive, knowing my work would be synched correctly, and by default give me three copies in case of "you know what".

Je
Jeffrey Tyrrell

Sun Feb 27, 2011 4:41 pm Post

What I would really like is help with academic work flow through integration with a referencing programme. I use Menderly (http://www.mendeley.com) which has a published API for this purpose but Bibtex would be just as useful.

Regards
Jeffrey

LAP

Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:06 am Post

What I would really like is help with academic work flow through integration with a referencing programme. I use Menderly (http://www.mendeley.com) which has a published API for this purpose but Bibtex would be just as useful.

Interesting. I will look into Menderly. I've used Bibtex before as part of a LaTex suite. Not sure about timings but Scrivener as a serious academic writing app most definitely needs to cater for this type of thing.
Lee

ra
rags

Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:59 pm Post

As a novel writer, what I really, really, passionately would like to be able to list frequently used phrases, to check for over-use.
For instance, it might say:
"at that moment" = 45 instances
and I could go "whoops!" and go to each in turn, and change some of them to something else.

I also wanted to be able to change the background screen colour when writing - thank-you for that!

jo
johnnysakko

Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:37 pm Post

Actually, any consideration for creating the capability to sync with Google Docs? Thanks.

Ch
ChrisGold

Wed Mar 02, 2011 1:51 am Post

Hello - I am one of the academic writers you mentioned concerning BibTex - although as a Windows user I use Endnote. So that would be good.
My other priority (my 'first') would be a freeform corkboard for laying out the order of text. If I have a variety of 'topics' (one for each card) each one may have a variety of 'dependencies' - a list of other topics that must be covered first (perhaps colour coded). I need to organize these in a valid order.
There are various algorithms for this: e.g. take a topic (card) with no dependencies and put it in the first row; cross out all dependency flags to _this_ topic in the remaining cards; take another topic with no dependencies and put it the second row; repeat until all cards are done.
(It is probably better to take _all_ topics with no dependencies each time, not just one: the result is like a solitaire game, with many rows of different length on the corkboard.)
This would fit with what my wall looks like when I get going. All I really need is to have a standard corkboard where I can have independent rows of differing lengths.
Thanks for listening! I am awestruck by what you have achieved in such a short time.
Chris Gold

al
altocumulus

Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:50 am Post

duende wrote:you can get this behavior by storing your Scrivener (and OneNote) folders on Dropbox (http://db.tt/HLZTgog)

altocumulus wrote:Prior to using Scrivener I used Onenote primarily because I could use the auto-sync facility and move between PC and laptop with the assistance of a flashdrive, knowing my work would be synched correctly, and by default give me three copies in case of "you know what".

Aye, it's a solution, but I've no interest in using things like dropbox ....

al
altocumulus

Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:47 am Post

I'd like the ability to chose a new font colour for editing.

Claudia

Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:06 am Post

I would like a "scene" label added in the drop down where "chapter" is, in the inspector. With a different color.

an
andygrunt
Platform: Mac + Windows

Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:27 am Post

Claudia wrote:I would like a "scene" label added in the drop down where "chapter" is, in the inspector. With a different color.

You can press 'Edit' at the bottom of the list and add it yourself.
Windows 7 Professional, 32 Bit & Mac OS X Lion

Mu
MudWasp

Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:52 pm Post

Being as it is that I am always asking for a second helping at the dinner table, I would like to add a word of praise for all the hard work that has gone into this project and ask for:

I love the Name Generator. I only wish it had two more features: a way to enter my own new names, and a way to get first name and last name from the same nationality. As it is, now, I have to name my Aleuts with a Scandinavian first name and Aleut last name, or vice versa. Thanks!
Platform - Windows 7 on Toshiba laptop

Ji
Jillian

Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:51 pm Post

johnnysakko wrote:Actually, any consideration for creating the capability to sync with Google Docs? Thanks.

Or, on a similar note, some kind of collaboration function that will let me work on a document at the same time that a co-writer is working on it?