USER POLL -WHAT FEATURE DO YOU WANT FIRST AFTER RELEASE?

What Scrivener 2.0 feature do you want delivered first after 1.0 is released?

Poll ended at Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:56 am

EPub and .MOBI eBook generation from compile
29%
peg-Multimarkdown & Latex support
2%
Metadata
3%
Multiple project notes
2%
Comments and footnotes in inspector
11%
Text editor layouts
7%
Sync with Simplenote
2%
FinalDraft import and export
6%
Customizable icons for binder, cork board and outliner
8%
Full screen background customization & free form cork board
30%

Total votes: 121
LAP
Platform: Windows

Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:56 am Post

This poll runs for two full weeks. You may select your highest priority choice.
There will be another poll for your next three choices - unfortunately, this polling system does not enable us to put them in priority order.

You can change your vote at anytime during the next two weeks.

Lee

du
duende

Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:44 am Post

What is "Text editor layouts?"

AmberV
Platform: Mac + Linux

Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:51 am Post

I think that means the page view, where you flip from page to page as you write, like many word processors do.
.:.
Ioa Petra'ka
“Whole sight, or all the rest is desolation.” —John Fowles

Me
Metonymy

Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:07 am Post

None of the above. I want label color swatches in the Binder. Please see this thread:
http://www.literatureandlatte.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=11071

As I understand from AmberV's comments in that thread, this is not a Mac 2.0 feature, but was implemented on the Mac before 2.0. Sure it's not a flashy, back-of-the-box marketing feature, but it sure would help me organize my writing and allow me to see at a glance where I need to focus my attention.

SP
SP1

Fri Feb 25, 2011 6:33 pm Post

I voted. Truthfully, I don't know what several of those options are (yet).

Bw
BwanaBob

Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:10 pm Post

I voted for full screen color customization but what I really want is to be able to set background color and text color in the regular editor - not full screen.

Ja
JasmineG

Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:49 pm Post

Definitely .mobi and .epub files. I would die of happiness.

br
brightthings

Sat Feb 26, 2011 4:38 am Post

Like Metonymy, none of the above, at least not at the moment. Two other things would make life easier for me:

1. Return to same position on a document after having selected and viewed other docs in the binder. For example, if I edit file10, then I go and check something in file6 and file7, then come back to file10, I'm always returned to the top of the page, not to where I was last editing. I then have to find my place again.

2. When I do a search I get a list of items in the results. I can edit text of course but sometimes I want to find where the document is located in the binder, perhaps to move it. Sometimes I can't locate it, as I often have a lot of documents in folders. Is there any way of telling from the search results where a document is located in the binder? I haven't worked it out if there is.
Asus Z77-Corsair Custom Build: Win 7 <> HP Proliant 350ML 64 bit: Mint <> Dell Optiplex 745 64 bit: Mountain Lion <> Dell Inspiron 8500: Maverick <> iBook G4: OSX Tiger <> Scrivener on Windows and Linux and Mac!

StaceyUK
Platform: Mac, Win + iOS

Sat Feb 26, 2011 4:03 pm Post

brightthings wrote:Like Metonymy, none of the above, at least not at the moment. Two other things would make life easier for me:

1. Return to same position on a document after having selected and viewed other docs in the binder. For example, if I edit file10, then I go and check something in file6 and file7, then come back to file10, I'm always returned to the top of the page, not to where I was last editing. I then have to find my place again.

2. When I do a search I get a list of items in the results. I can edit text of course but sometimes I want to find where the document is located in the binder, perhaps to move it. Sometimes I can't locate it, as I often have a lot of documents in folders. Is there any way of telling from the search results where a document is located in the binder? I haven't worked it out if there is.

Re #2 I haven't found a way to do this for search results as 'reveal in binder' does not appear to be available. I'll keep looking.
Blessings, Stacey

System Specs

Windows 7
Scrivener 1.9.7 / 2.8 /3.0.3/1.1.5 (1301)
Scapple 1.0.0.0
Windows 2.9.0.26 Beta

an
andygrunt
Platform: Mac + Windows

Sat Feb 26, 2011 5:50 pm Post

StaceyUK wrote:Re #2 I haven't found a way to do this for search results as 'reveal in binder' does not appear to be available. I'll keep looking.

Unless I'm misunderstanding you, I think this does work.

1 - With a collection showing, select a document
2 - Select View/Reveal in Binder
3 - Select the Binder tab in collections
4 - The selected document is showing.

Is that what you were after?
Windows 7 Professional, 32 Bit & Mac OS X Lion

StaceyUK
Platform: Mac, Win + iOS

Sat Feb 26, 2011 6:19 pm Post

andygrunt wrote:
StaceyUK wrote:Re #2 I haven't found a way to do this for search results as 'reveal in binder' does not appear to be available. I'll keep looking.

Unless I'm misunderstanding you, I think this does work.

Yes. Thank you for that information.
Blessings, Stacey

System Specs

Windows 7
Scrivener 1.9.7 / 2.8 /3.0.3/1.1.5 (1301)
Scapple 1.0.0.0
Windows 2.9.0.26 Beta

an
andygrunt
Platform: Mac + Windows

Sat Feb 26, 2011 7:12 pm Post

Also just noticed you can select multiple documents and they're all selected by 'Reveal in binder'
Windows 7 Professional, 32 Bit & Mac OS X Lion

sk
skidawayme

Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:48 pm Post

Metonymy wrote:None of the above. I want label color swatches in the Binder. Please see this thread:
http://www.literatureandlatte.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=11071

As I understand from AmberV's comments in that thread, this is not a Mac 2.0 feature, but was implemented on the Mac before 2.0. Sure it's not a flashy, back-of-the-box marketing feature, but it sure would help me organize my writing and allow me to see at a glance where I need to focus my attention.

I'm for this, too. I voted for the nearest thing, which was icons in the binder.
Jane

MaryRobinette

Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:59 pm Post

brightthings wrote:Like Metonymy, none of the above, at least not at the moment. Two other things would make life easier for me:

Ditto this.
---
Mary Robinette Kowal
http://www.maryrobinettekowal.com

br
brightthings

Sun Feb 27, 2011 1:38 am Post

andygrunt wrote:I think this does work.

Thanks andygrunt! Problem solved. I felt sure there must be a way, but I was fixated on a right click option or some other key method rather than the obvious of looking under View!

Scrivener continues to reveal more and more great functionality the more I use it.
Asus Z77-Corsair Custom Build: Win 7 <> HP Proliant 350ML 64 bit: Mint <> Dell Optiplex 745 64 bit: Mountain Lion <> Dell Inspiron 8500: Maverick <> iBook G4: OSX Tiger <> Scrivener on Windows and Linux and Mac!