USER POLL -WHAT FEATURE DO YOU WANT FIRST AFTER RELEASE?

What Scrivener 2.0 feature do you want delivered first after 1.0 is released?

Poll ended at Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:56 am

EPub and .MOBI eBook generation from compile
35
29%
peg-Multimarkdown & Latex support
2
2%
Metadata
4
3%
Multiple project notes
3
2%
Comments and footnotes in inspector
13
11%
Text editor layouts
9
7%
Sync with Simplenote
2
2%
FinalDraft import and export
7
6%
Customizable icons for binder, cork board and outliner
10
8%
Full screen background customization & free form cork board
36
30%
 
Total votes: 121
User avatar
LAP
Posts: 1023
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 5:25 pm
Platform: Windows
Location: Sydney
Contact:

Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:56 am Post

This poll runs for two full weeks. You may select your highest priority choice.
There will be another poll for your next three choices - unfortunately, this polling system does not enable us to put them in priority order.

You can change your vote at anytime during the next two weeks.

Lee

du
duende
Posts: 44
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:48 pm
Platform: Windows

Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:44 am Post

What is "Text editor layouts?"

User avatar
AmberV
Posts: 24272
Joined: Sun Jun 18, 2006 4:30 am
Platform: Mac + Linux
Location: Ourense, Galiza
Contact:

Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:51 am Post

I think that means the page view, where you flip from page to page as you write, like many word processors do.
.:.
Ioa Petra'ka
“Whole sight, or all the rest is desolation.” —John Fowles

Me
Metonymy
Posts: 44
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2010 5:36 am
Platform: Windows

Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:07 am Post

None of the above. I want label color swatches in the Binder. Please see this thread:
http://www.literatureandlatte.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=11071

As I understand from AmberV's comments in that thread, this is not a Mac 2.0 feature, but was implemented on the Mac before 2.0. Sure it's not a flashy, back-of-the-box marketing feature, but it sure would help me organize my writing and allow me to see at a glance where I need to focus my attention.

SP
SP1
Posts: 94
Joined: Sat Jan 15, 2011 2:58 pm
Platform: Windows

Fri Feb 25, 2011 6:33 pm Post

I voted. Truthfully, I don't know what several of those options are (yet).

Bw
BwanaBob
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:21 am
Platform: Windows

Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:10 pm Post

I voted for full screen color customization but what I really want is to be able to set background color and text color in the regular editor - not full screen.

Ja
JasmineG
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:02 am
Platform: Windows

Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:49 pm Post

Definitely .mobi and .epub files. I would die of happiness.

br
brightthings
Posts: 58
Joined: Mon Nov 29, 2010 1:47 pm
Platform: Windows
Location: Korea

Sat Feb 26, 2011 4:38 am Post

Like Metonymy, none of the above, at least not at the moment. Two other things would make life easier for me:

1. Return to same position on a document after having selected and viewed other docs in the binder. For example, if I edit file10, then I go and check something in file6 and file7, then come back to file10, I'm always returned to the top of the page, not to where I was last editing. I then have to find my place again.

2. When I do a search I get a list of items in the results. I can edit text of course but sometimes I want to find where the document is located in the binder, perhaps to move it. Sometimes I can't locate it, as I often have a lot of documents in folders. Is there any way of telling from the search results where a document is located in the binder? I haven't worked it out if there is.
Asus Z77-Corsair Custom Build: Win 7 <> HP Proliant 350ML 64 bit: Mint <> Dell Optiplex 745 64 bit: Mountain Lion <> Dell Inspiron 8500: Maverick <> iBook G4: OSX Tiger <> Scrivener on Windows and Linux and Mac!

User avatar
StaceyUK
Posts: 958
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2009 5:00 pm
Platform: Mac, Win + iOS

Sat Feb 26, 2011 4:03 pm Post

brightthings wrote:Like Metonymy, none of the above, at least not at the moment. Two other things would make life easier for me:

1. Return to same position on a document after having selected and viewed other docs in the binder. For example, if I edit file10, then I go and check something in file6 and file7, then come back to file10, I'm always returned to the top of the page, not to where I was last editing. I then have to find my place again.

2. When I do a search I get a list of items in the results. I can edit text of course but sometimes I want to find where the document is located in the binder, perhaps to move it. Sometimes I can't locate it, as I often have a lot of documents in folders. Is there any way of telling from the search results where a document is located in the binder? I haven't worked it out if there is.


Re #2 I haven't found a way to do this for search results as 'reveal in binder' does not appear to be available. I'll keep looking.
Blessings, Stacey

System Specs

Windows 7
Scrivener 1.9.7 / 2.8 /3.0.3/1.1.5 (1301)
Scapple 1.0.0.0
Windows 2.9.0.26 Beta

an
andygrunt
Posts: 196
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:52 pm
Platform: Mac + Windows
Location: UK

Sat Feb 26, 2011 5:50 pm Post

StaceyUK wrote:Re #2 I haven't found a way to do this for search results as 'reveal in binder' does not appear to be available. I'll keep looking.

Unless I'm misunderstanding you, I think this does work.

1 - With a collection showing, select a document
2 - Select View/Reveal in Binder
3 - Select the Binder tab in collections
4 - The selected document is showing.

Is that what you were after?
Windows 7 Professional, 32 Bit & Mac OS X Lion

User avatar
StaceyUK
Posts: 958
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2009 5:00 pm
Platform: Mac, Win + iOS

Sat Feb 26, 2011 6:19 pm Post

andygrunt wrote:
StaceyUK wrote:Re #2 I haven't found a way to do this for search results as 'reveal in binder' does not appear to be available. I'll keep looking.

Unless I'm misunderstanding you, I think this does work.

1 - With a collection showing, select a document
2 - Select View/Reveal in Binder
3 - Select the Binder tab in collections
4 - The selected document is showing.

Is that what you were after?


Yes. Thank you for that information.
Blessings, Stacey

System Specs

Windows 7
Scrivener 1.9.7 / 2.8 /3.0.3/1.1.5 (1301)
Scapple 1.0.0.0
Windows 2.9.0.26 Beta

an
andygrunt
Posts: 196
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:52 pm
Platform: Mac + Windows
Location: UK

Sat Feb 26, 2011 7:12 pm Post

Also just noticed you can select multiple documents and they're all selected by 'Reveal in binder'
Windows 7 Professional, 32 Bit & Mac OS X Lion

sk
skidawayme
Posts: 151
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 3:28 am
Platform: Windows

Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:48 pm Post

Metonymy wrote:None of the above. I want label color swatches in the Binder. Please see this thread:
http://www.literatureandlatte.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=11071

As I understand from AmberV's comments in that thread, this is not a Mac 2.0 feature, but was implemented on the Mac before 2.0. Sure it's not a flashy, back-of-the-box marketing feature, but it sure would help me organize my writing and allow me to see at a glance where I need to focus my attention.


I'm for this, too. I voted for the nearest thing, which was icons in the binder.
Jane

User avatar
MaryRobinette
Posts: 22
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:11 pm
Platform: Windows
Location: Portland, OR
Contact:

Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:59 pm Post

brightthings wrote:Like Metonymy, none of the above, at least not at the moment. Two other things would make life easier for me:

1. Return to same position on a document after having selected and viewed other docs in the binder. For example, if I edit file10, then I go and check something in file6 and file7, then come back to file10, I'm always returned to the top of the page, not to where I was last editing. I then have to find my place again.


Ditto this.
---
Mary Robinette Kowal
http://www.maryrobinettekowal.com

br
brightthings
Posts: 58
Joined: Mon Nov 29, 2010 1:47 pm
Platform: Windows
Location: Korea

Sun Feb 27, 2011 1:38 am Post

andygrunt wrote:I think this does work.

1 - With a collection showing, select a document
2 - Select View/Reveal in Binder
3 - Select the Binder tab in collections
4 - The selected document is showing.

Is that what you were after?


Thanks andygrunt! Problem solved. I felt sure there must be a way, but I was fixated on a right click option or some other key method rather than the obvious of looking under View!

Scrivener continues to reveal more and more great functionality the more I use it.
Asus Z77-Corsair Custom Build: Win 7 <> HP Proliant 350ML 64 bit: Mint <> Dell Optiplex 745 64 bit: Mountain Lion <> Dell Inspiron 8500: Maverick <> iBook G4: OSX Tiger <> Scrivener on Windows and Linux and Mac!