LAP
Platform: Windows

Fri Dec 24, 2010 7:04 am Post

Je
Jeco
Platform: Mac + Windows

Fri Dec 24, 2010 2:07 pm Post

Hi Lee,

Thank you for this Christmas gift! The line spacing addition is of tremendous help. My eyes thank you very much. Scrivener feels rock solid.

Have a good Christmas and enjoy the sun. Here, in Vancouver, we will have a wet Christmas.

All the best to you and family.

Jeco
Writing is sculpturing your dream.

al
altocumulus

Fri Dec 24, 2010 4:31 pm Post

Hi Lee,

Many thanks - have a wonderful holiday - we've got more than enough snow to see us through to the New Year. At least a foot!

Slainte ....
Scrivener 1.9.0.0 for Windows on --- Laptop running Windows 10

fr
friendlyghost

Fri Dec 24, 2010 5:55 pm Post

I have just tried to install Beta 1.5 for the first time on my Windows 7 machine, and after I hit Yes on "Do you want the following program etc." make changes to your machine, nothing happens. It does not install. I have installed Beta 1.4 on my Windows XP laptop before, so I'm wondering if anyone else had this problem with the 1.5 release or Windows 7?

Thanks.

P.S. I have just copied over the Beta 1.4 installer from my laptop to the PC, and that installed just fine. So this seems to suggest that there might be a problem with Beta 1.5 installer for Windows 7?
Last edited by friendlyghost on Fri Dec 24, 2010 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

fo
fory5

Fri Dec 24, 2010 6:00 pm Post

What a wonderful Christmas present! This is an excellent release and it appears to fix all the bugs I've ever run across. Great work! Thanks for sticking with us noisy beta testers :)

I can't wait to buy the official release!

LAP

Fri Dec 24, 2010 8:36 pm Post

Friendlyghost, I'm running Windows 7 so there should be no issue. Scrivener requires the user to be an administrator of the machine to register the dictionary dlls in the Windows registry. However, this has always been the case so it rules out a permissions issue if the previous beta 1.4 re-installs.

Try a clean install by first uninstalling beta 1.4 by running the Scrivener uninstaller. Then make sure you have no personal projects stored in the Scrivener install directory i.e. c:\Program Files\Scrivener, if you do copy them elsewhere.

After the uninstaller has finished. Delete the Scrivener directory. If the directory has already been deleted - ignore this step.

Re-boot. Then try the 1.5 installer again.

You should not have to do any of this really, but you might wish to try it.

Lee

br
brightthings

Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:51 pm Post

Great! Just to let you know, the launch popup and the "About Scriviner" details still say it's Beta 1.4 in the Linux version. But it looks like it is 1.5.
Asus Z77-Corsair Custom Build: Win 7 <> HP Proliant 350ML 64 bit: Mint <> Dell Optiplex 745 64 bit: Mountain Lion <> Dell Inspiron 8500: Maverick <> iBook G4: OSX Tiger <> Scrivener on Windows and Linux and Mac!

narrsd
Platform: Win + iOS

Sat Dec 25, 2010 1:31 am Post

Well done, Lee. Downloading now.

Enjoy that beer, and the rest of Christmas. 'Stralian version or not - we will watch for things upside-down ;).

Regards,
Clive

LAP

Sat Dec 25, 2010 1:46 am Post

Cheers Clive - you too mate. I hope you have a great Christmas and New Year.

Brightthings, yes sorry, the Linux build was done a day before the Windows. I simply forgot to update all references to 1.4 in this Linux build; however, the code base in definitely 1.5. Apologies for the confusion.

Lee

StarTigress

Sat Dec 25, 2010 2:30 am Post

Merry Christmas Scrivener Team! :D
I <3 Scrivener for Windows Beta. Thanks to everybody who helped create it!!!

"A pen went scribbling along and when it tried to write love, it broke...." ~Rumi

Sp
SpirosD

Sat Dec 25, 2010 3:52 pm Post

Excellent!

Merry Christmas Lee!

(p.s. a little nit-picking for when you get back :D )

On the "Help" Menu, there's a menu item that says:

"Know Bugs in Beta 1.5"

I think it should say:

"Known Bugs in Beta 1.5"

It's been like that for a while. I just got around to mentioning it now.

LAP

Sun Dec 26, 2010 1:46 am Post

Thanks StarTigress and SpirosD. I have fixed the menu spelling now ready for next beta - thank you.

Lee

Freelancer

Sun Dec 26, 2010 3:33 pm Post

Just got the chance to install Beta 1.5 on my Windows 7 machine and it is working great so far. Did as instructed and went into the program file and told it to uninstall Scrivener, then installed 1.5 as a new install and it installed perfectly and opened up with my novel in place and ready to go, no need for me to find it or anything. Thank you!

Sandra
~~~~~~
Using:
Scrivener Beta: Version: 1.7.0.5 beta - 24 Apr 2014

System:
Windows 7 Home Premium on an HP Pavilion desktop
AMD Sempron Processor LE-1250 2.20Ghz
64 bit OS with 2.75 GB usable RAM
Dual monitors via an Arkview USB 2.0 Display Adapter

fr
friendlyghost

Sun Jan 02, 2011 1:15 am Post

Lee,

thanks for the instructions. I did as you said but the same thing happens. When I try to run the 1.5 installer it just doesn't do anything. The 1.4 version installed, ran, and uninstalled just fine. So I don't know what it is about 1.5 that it won't even go past the first dialog box. Any other suggestions?

mc
mcaudill
Platform: Mac + Windows

Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:46 pm Post

First, I want to say that 1.5 is SLICK, SLICK, SLICK!!! It's a huge leap forward! What great progress you guys have made!

I'm running Vista Business (I had a mental block when I bought this machine. Forgive me. :oops: ) Anyway, I had no problems whatsoever with installing 1.5. It runs great in general.

Not sure if this is the kind of thing you're looking for, but I'm using the labels function to keep track of different story lines in my plot. So I label each scene with the story-line it addresses. The labels are sort of there in text view, but when I go to corkboard view, the labels shown as watermarks on the index cards are the default ones of "Final draft" or "Revised draft," etc. rather than my labels ("Dead Body Story" "Teena Story" etc.) :(

Another issue is that the labels are color-coded, but unlike the Mac version, the colors don't show up in the icons in the Binder window. Those colors are really helpful, so it would be great to get them back.

Overall, I love-love-love having Scrivener on the PC! I'm basically a Mac person, but my beloved Mac laptop has died and I can't afford to replace it yet. So I'm forced to use my PC laptop when I want to work away from my desk. Having Scrivener available to work on the PC is a true Godsend! :D

Thanks!

Maureen