An Online Mention

Me
MetalWings
Platform: Windows

Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:03 pm Post

Found this little article while nosing about for information on e-readers: http://www.pcpro.co.uk/blogs/2010/11/08 ... you-smile/

...and I may add that I agree with it 110%: Scrivener is great. Even in beta. Even that one time it ate my words. I'll be buying it as soon as it's released! :D
Here since 2010! It's been a while!

Ja
Jaype
Platform: Mac + Windows

Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:56 pm Post

Many thanks, MetalWings - a first for the Windows beta! Thanks also for the kind words - glad you're enjoying it. :)

StarTigress
Platform: Windows

Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:14 am Post

That article sums it up. :) Scrivener is really, really cool.

Also, there's just something about the corkboard. A magical corkboard that transports you to different sections of your document, from idea to creation, creation back to idea. The corkboard...it's comforting. Very concrete, almost tactile. Yet magical. Transportive. Quantum, almost.

It's difficult to explain. :lol:
I <3 Scrivener for Windows Beta. Thanks to everybody who helped create it!!!

"A pen went scribbling along and when it tried to write love, it broke...." ~Rumi

garpu
Platform: Linux

Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:25 am Post

The idea is that instead of trying to plop all your text onto one page – like word diarrhoea on an endless sheet of literary loo roll...

That's exactly why I tend to hit a brick wall somewhere around page 10 on academic papers and the like when using a word processor. ;)
Slackware-current 64-bit, XFCE