Scrivener for Windows...

Bo
BobWatson
Platform: Windows

Thu Sep 23, 2010 10:47 am Post

Wow!! This announcement made my day. Heck, it made my year. Can't wait to use it. The video looks wonderful. Count me in for the beta. Can't wait.

Thanks Keith and Lee.

co
cor_stellae
Platform: Mac + Windows

Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:24 pm Post

My small contribution: the announcement of Scrivener for Windows on my blog, in Spanish: http://blognisaba.blogspot.com/2010/09/ ... mejor.html

Thank you again, Keith and Lee! And congrats!

Jacqueline

StaceyUK
Platform: Mac, Win + iOS

Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:28 pm Post

BobWatson wrote:Wow!! This announcement made my day. Heck, it made my year. Can't wait to use it. The video looks wonderful. Count me in for the beta. Can't wait.

Thanks Keith and Lee.

THIS. But I suspect the L & L team knew that already. I have the beta release date marked on my calendar! :oops:
Blessings, Stacey

System Specs

Windows 7
Scrivener 1.9.7 / 2.8 /3.0.3/1.1.5 (1301)
Scapple 1.0.0.0
Windows 2.9.0.26 Beta

ph
phil.lunt
Platform: Mac, Win + iOS

Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:31 pm Post

Graybyrd wrote:My first question: will Scrivener for Windows run under the WINE system on Linux? Considering some of the heavyweight apps that do, such as MS Office, I'd bet even money it will run just fine.

The onus would be on WINE developers to ensure compatibility, not L&L... in my experience, stuff working through WINE has always been a bit random :D
Best bet would probably be through virtualization

Gu
Gunmetalgray

Thu Sep 23, 2010 6:34 pm Post

I have had my eye on Scrivener for some time. But never could afford a MAC. I'm looking forward to beta tesing it.

Ju
Juliska

Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:51 pm Post

You just HAD to do this, didn't you? Here I had it all figured out: My MacBook is for writing, and the little netbook I got for my birthday two years ago is just for, well, netbook stuff. Oh, sure, I'm running Office 2003 on it, so I can do some editing of Word docs, but no WRITING! Not without Scrivener!(This, in spite of having downloaded trial or sale versions of most Windows writing programs. Which I'm still not really using. At all.)

So now you've invaded my tiny PC and I guess I'll be writing in coffee shops after all. Sigh . . . :wink:

Edited to add: Never mind my grousing; it will run on netbooks, won't it?

vic-k
Location: Protesting in the nude, outside ex Red Lion TESCO Store

Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:06 pm Post

Juliska wrote:; it will run on netbooks, won't it?
Jullie, my precious one. These babies`ll run in the Grand National, never mind your netbook :twisted:
Vic
As a professional, you, are your one and only asset. Without integrity you are worthless, but with it, you are priceless.

AmberV
Platform: Mac + Linux

Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:18 pm Post

As long as your netbook runs XP, Vista, or w7, it should be able to run Scrivener just fine---especially if it can handle the monster that Office is.
.:.
Ioa Petra'ka
“Whole sight, or all the rest is desolation.” —John Fowles

Ma
Max
Platform: Windows

Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:35 am Post

So... I'm the only one that exports Scrivener files from the Mac to Google Docs, and download the RTF file to Word and finishes it up there?

:oops:

AmberV
Platform: Mac + Linux

Fri Sep 24, 2010 2:38 am Post

Well, if you put it that way, yes. I think you are the last person using Google Docs. ;)
.:.
Ioa Petra'ka
“Whole sight, or all the rest is desolation.” —John Fowles

Mange

Fri Sep 24, 2010 6:36 am Post

Looking forward to the beta.

Magnus

Jaysen

Fri Sep 24, 2010 12:02 pm Post

AmberV wrote:Well, if you put it that way, yes. I think you are the last person using Google Docs. ;)

Unless you count the high school kids across america. Although calling them people may be questionable.
Jaysen

I have a wife and 2 kids that I can only attribute to a wiggle, a giggle, and the realization that she was out of my league so I might as well be happy with her as a friend. 26 years marriage later, I can't imagine life without her. -Me 10/7/09

ImageImage

Wo
WordGuy
Platform: Mac

Fri Sep 24, 2010 4:32 pm Post

KB - Thank you for your hard work on Scrivener over the years. I've been a happy user of the Mac version, and a reader of the forum, for something over a year now. I think Scrivener is a fantastic product, much more useful, in so many ways, than other writing programs on both Mac and Windows platforms, that I've used in the past. I'm really looking forward to 2.0.

I plan to stick to the Mac version for most of my writing, but it isn't hard to imagine how the Windows version will also benefit Mac users. Besides those of us who do sometimes, under duress, work on a Windows machine, Mac writers will be better able to share with non-Mac writers, for example writing group members or collaborators. With the planned file portability, including storing both Windows & Mac settings in each file, it looks like Mac users will be able to share templates, layouts, other examples--and in situations where it's appropriate, actual writing projects--with fellow writers, regardless of preferred platform.

A bigger user base, and the attendant cash flow, can hardly be a bad thing for future development and support.

Fluff
Platform: Mac + iOS

Fri Sep 24, 2010 5:29 pm Post

Jaysen wrote:Unless you count the high school kids across america. Although calling them people may be questionable.

I feel, at this time, tis incumbent upon my good self, to point out to X`s big guy, that access to the Internet, and by extension, Scrivener, is readily available to 99.99999+% of the planet`s population. Two of which are your progéniture. Daughditor&Boy :twisted:
Do take care
Fluff
Sent from Pangur ban's Astral iPad

ni
nib

Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:26 pm Post

Oh, this is nice. I was wondering what to do with the Windows box that sits nearly unused on my desk. I think I must try this new version since it runs on XP. I may get some use out of the creaky ol' thing yet. Nicely done.
My tropical fish stayed the same size for years in a 20 gallon tank: I put them in a new 50 gallon tank and they grew huge. And that’s why I refuse to buy bigger pants.