Linguistic Focus Options

ki
kittysomerville
Platform: Windows

Sun Apr 18, 2021 5:38 am Post

I'm loving Scrivener so far, but I was very disappointed the Windows version did not have the different options for highlighting words such as adverbs like the Mac version does. Will you be implementing this for the Windows version? It would be a massive help to have such a tool!

devinganger
Platform: Mac, Win + iOS

Sun Apr 18, 2021 9:22 am Post

kittysomerville wrote:I'm loving Scrivener so far, but I was very disappointed the Windows version did not have the different options for highlighting words such as adverbs like the Mac version does. Will you be implementing this for the Windows version? It would be a massive help to have such a tool!

That facility is, if memory serves, provided by MacOS, not by Scrivener. That is, it's not a feature that L&L wrote, it's one that Apple provides as part of the baseline operating system. For that matter, neither is the spellcheck system, but in that case, there are multiple reliable general-use libraries available that provide spellcheck capabilities that the Windows version of Scrivener is able to make use of. If something like the Linguistic Focus becomes available, then perhaps L&L can work it in.
--
Devin L. Ganger
Not a L&L employee; opinions are those of my cat
Life has a way of moving you past wants and hopes -- Kevin Flynn