Unable to see which words have been misspelled when dots are selected

fw
fwrunner2018
Platform: Windows

Tue Sep 08, 2020 10:46 pm Post

I have Scrivener 3 Windows set up to check spelling as I type, but not to automatically correct misspelled words, since I do a lot of technical writing. But it appears to me that Scrivener is not even showing me misspelled words at all, unless I also ticked 'correct spelling errors as you type', and then it only changes misspelled words without underlining them.
Then I changed the underlining from dots to wavy lines, and now I can see the lines under misspelled words.
I am using the dark theme, so I thought the dots just weren't showing up on the dark background, but when I changed back to default theme, I still could not see the dots under misspelled words.

Has anyone else had this problem, or is it me, or my monitor?
I'm using an NEC Multisync EA244WMi set to 1920 x 1200. I have not done any color correction on this monitor, but everything looks normal to me.

Thanks for your help
fwrunner2018

DavidR

Wed Sep 09, 2020 4:10 pm Post

Since v. 3 is still in beta, this should be posted in the Beta Testing forum (https://www.literatureandlatte.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=57). I believe something similar may already have been reported there.
David
Scrivener for Windows Version 1.9.9
Windows 7 Pro 64-bit

What's the difference between a free lance and a loose cannon?

fw
fwrunner2018

Wed Sep 09, 2020 9:22 pm Post

Thanks. I'll do a search in that forum.