Antidote: French spellchecker and language tool

ba
basx
Platform: Windows

Wed Aug 12, 2020 5:54 pm Post

One of the most important tools for French language writing is Antidote. (www.druide.com)
Could the programmers collaborate with the Antidote counterparts so Scrivener can integrate it?

Thanks!

xavier

DavidR

Thu Aug 13, 2020 9:36 pm Post

This has been asked multiple times. Spell-checking in Scrivener for Windows v. 1 is done using Aspell, and its associated dictionaries. In v. 3 (now in advanced beta) it is done using Hunspell, I believe, and its associated dictionaries. Antidote must fantastique, because everyone writing in French wants Scrivener to use it. But there are (I think) limitations in what can be integrated into Hunspell, and there are good reasons for using Hunspell that ... that someone else will have to explain, but they do exist.
David
Scrivener for Windows Version 1.9.9
Windows 7 Pro 64-bit

What's the difference between a free lance and a loose cannon?

os
osito

Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:55 pm Post

Antidote is really desirable. It's more than just a spellchecker, it's also a dictionary and grammar checker. It's intergrated in Word and Open office and Internet Browsers and also Mailing software. It really has to come onboard.

devinganger
Platform: Mac, Win + iOS

Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:49 pm Post

osito wrote:It really has to come onboard.

Strictly by the definition of "have to" only KB can say that.

This discussion really should be in the Wish List section, because I can't see making this kind of change to just one version of Scrivener.
--
Devin L. Ganger, WA7DLG
Not a L&L employee; opinions are those of my cat
Life has a way of moving you past wants and hopes