Email List for Beta Updates?

Wa
Wamtu
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Jun 12, 2020 4:25 pm
Platform: Windows

Fri Jun 12, 2020 5:28 pm Post

So, I don't use the beta, since I wasn't interested in being a beta tester and further, I only have a Windows and not a Mac, so I wouldn't have a version of v3 that could actually compile anything, which would be a... Slight problem. As such, the only thing I could do with the Windows v3 beta is look at all the cool features I can't use yet because Macs are too expensive (incidentally, that's also why I've avoided looking up what's new in v3, so I really don't know much about it other than "it's better than v1").

It's been... Aggravating, waiting for the full release of v3, which I'm sure everyone already knows. One big thing that has made this worse is the lack of transparency regarding progress, unless you're using the beta.

What I wanted to suggest was, since there was an email list for people to be notified of the full release (which I subscribed to), how about in the meantime it give updates on beta releases, even if it's just a copy of the beta's change log. Perhaps there could also be a roadmap of what's left to finish, even if no timeframe is given.

This way, even if it doesn't bring it here any sooner, everyone can at least be experiencing the ups and downs of the development with L&L. It would probably cut down on the people complaining in the forums about it taking so long to come out, since they'll have that reminder that they're at least doing something.

Although hopefully at this point it's close enough to coming out that this would be redundant...

Ji
JimRac
Posts: 1722
Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2014 2:06 pm
Platform: Win + iOS

Fri Jun 12, 2020 5:55 pm Post

Wamtu wrote:..give updates on beta releases, even if it's just a copy of the beta's change log....
Hi,

I don't work for L&L, so only commenting to note that the beta change log can be found here: https://www.literatureandlatte.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=57&t=40621

Best,
Jim
I’m just a customer.

Wa
Wamtu
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Jun 12, 2020 4:25 pm
Platform: Windows

Fri Jun 12, 2020 6:41 pm Post

JimRac wrote:
Wamtu wrote:..give updates on beta releases, even if it's just a copy of the beta's change log....
Hi,

I don't work for L&L, so only commenting to note that the beta change log can be found here: https://www.literatureandlatte.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=57&t=40621

Best,
Jim


Hm, the last few posts in it aren't very... Informative.

User avatar
AmberV
Posts: 24325
Joined: Sun Jun 18, 2006 4:30 am
Platform: Mac + Linux
Location: Ourense, Galiza
Contact:

Fri Jun 12, 2020 6:56 pm Post

The first post is the one that is updated with the latest information, including the current download links, and what has been fixed or changed recently. I'm not sure how "interesting" it would be to someone not really paying much attention to the ongoing process though.
.:.
Ioa Petra'ka
“Whole sight, or all the rest is desolation.” —John Fowles

User avatar
krastev
Posts: 548
Joined: Fri Feb 05, 2016 5:21 am
Platform: Windows
Contact:

Fri Jun 12, 2020 7:00 pm Post

You can always use the 'Subscribe topic' on each thread you are interested in in the forum. This way you'll recive an email every time when thetre is an update.
Krastev
Windows 10 Home 64-bit
Scrivener for Windows Version 1.9.16.0
Testing Scrivener Beta for Windows

Ji
JimRac
Posts: 1722
Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2014 2:06 pm
Platform: Win + iOS

Fri Jun 12, 2020 7:51 pm Post

Wamtu wrote:
JimRac wrote:
Wamtu wrote:..give updates on beta releases, even if it's just a copy of the beta's change log....
Hi,

I don't work for L&L, so only commenting to note that the beta change log can be found here: https://www.literatureandlatte.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=57&t=40621

Best,
Jim


Hm, the last few posts in it aren't very... Informative.
Actually it's quite informative, it's just not very clear. :(

What you should be paying attention to is the very first post in the thread, the one confusingly labeled "MON NOV 20, 2017 12:22 PM" For every new beta release, L&L updates this post in place. Yes, it would be much clearer if that date was updated, but for whatever reason it is not. So, whenever you are bored with life and wonder when the latest beta was released and what changes were made, just have a look at that first post.
I’m just a customer.