A farewell to the Windows forums... and a hello to Mac ones

je
jesuslpgc
Platform: Windows

Mon Jan 20, 2020 9:05 pm Post

Well. So I "inherited" a MacBook Air in a pretty good state, It runs Catalina pretty fast, so I didn't think twice and bought my third copy of Scrivener (my first being my 2,0 Mac version, my second being my iPad's), My windows machine will be left for photography and videogames...

One thing I'd like to point out it's the following: I tried to buy my copy from your website, but my ING Spain MasterCard didn't deem your platform trustworthy enough... so I ended up paying through the Mac App Store. I wonder if any of the Spanish users has suffered any similar issues. Or any other European that has an ING account.

Anyway, for me the wait for the Windows version is over. Cheers.

Am
Amcmo
Platform: Mac, Win + iOS

Mon Jan 20, 2020 9:27 pm Post

At the risk of being a little crass, ‘once you go Mac, ......’ Welcome (back?) to the shiny side..... :D
Opinions are the result of many years in IT and discussion with my dog.

je
jesuslpgc
Platform: Windows

Tue Jan 21, 2020 5:18 am Post

Amcmo wrote:At the risk of being a little crass, ‘once you go Mac, ......’ Welcome (back?) to the shiny side..... :D

Thanks a lot, but bear in mind it's not a complete comeback. I mean Im not buying an iPhone ever again with those prices and those ugly big inserts on the screen to lodge the selfie camera (something I'm yet to use)...

Have I said how much I love v3?

Am
Amcmo
Platform: Mac, Win + iOS

Tue Jan 21, 2020 6:44 am Post

ugly big inserts on the screen to lodge the selfie camera

The notch is not for the selfie camera as such. Its main function is to house the camera and the components of FaceID. Funny everyone slagged it yet every phone mfr copied it on at least one model, even without being able to replicate FaceID and some of the copies (Google, talking to you) were even larger and intrusive.

I find you don't even notice it in everyday use.

Still, each to their own.... :D

And agree V3 is the ducks...
Opinions are the result of many years in IT and discussion with my dog.