WIndows 3 Release: My Thoughts

ge
gerdio
Platform: Linux + Windows

Mon May 04, 2020 4:37 pm Post

JimRac wrote:
jesuslpgc wrote:I don't speak any German, but can anybody confirm that Patchwork costs 130+euros?

That's a lot of bones. On the hand they have already released their V3 for both MAC and WINDOWS....

Ja, ich denke das ist richtig. (courtesy google translate) :mrgreen:

Price drops to 99 euros if you don't want the grammar/spell checking add-on called Duden. Or you can get a Duden-less 26/mo subscription.

Best,
Jim

If you don't write in German, paying for the "Duden" wouldn't make any sense. (Actually, the "Duden" is the best known German dictionary, kind of the equivalent to the Oxford English Dictionary. Kind of, until the spelling reform of 1996 it was even normative, not only descriptive. But I guess nobody wants to know that ...)

One little correction, the price of € 26,- is not a subscription model, it's actually payment by installment. Four times € 26,-.

Ji
JimRac
Platform: Win + iOS

Mon May 04, 2020 6:14 pm Post

gerdio wrote:If you don't write in German, paying for the "Duden" wouldn't make any sense. (Actually, the "Duden" is the best known German dictionary, kind of the equivalent to the Oxford English Dictionary. Kind of, until the spelling reform of 1996 it was even normative, not only descriptive. But I guess nobody wants to know that ...)

One little correction, the price of € 26,- is not a subscription model, it's actually payment by installment. Four times € 26,-.
Ah, that all makes sense. Thanks for the clarification! I learned something today. :)
I’m just a customer.