Thank you developers for all you are doing for a 1 time purchase price!

kalidasa
Platform: Windows

Fri Oct 25, 2019 4:37 am Post

kewms wrote:Keith has explicitly said that Scrivener is deliberately priced to make sure it's within reach of beginning writers, students, and others who may not have a lot of resources to throw at it.

Katherine

I definitely appreciate this. I have a low income and can't afford to spend a lot of money on, well, anything. That I was able to get my copy of Scrivener for probably a quarter of what I paid for Microsoft Office ten years ago is incredible. I'll be able to upgrade to v3 for free, being as I just bought my licence a couple of months ago, but I would happily pay for it. As it is I'll be putting the money I would have spent on an upgrade toward helping a friend upgrade their copy to the next version.

Ki
Kinsey
Platform: Mac + Windows

Fri Oct 25, 2019 8:43 am Post

Scrivener's pricing is a wonder. I use it every day, and much more regularly and consistently than other apps/programmes that have cost me significantly more money and contributed far less to my productivity (and overall happiness)!

Fr
FredBob
Platform: Windows

Fri Oct 25, 2019 2:42 pm Post

kewms wrote:Keith has explicitly said that Scrivener is deliberately priced to make sure it's within reach of beginning writers, students, and others who may not have a lot of resources to throw at it.

Katherine

I understand this. But, there are many of us who can and should pay much more. One size does not fit all. And value is in the eye of the beholder. This is why Pro tools is still considered the standard, even though other, even free audio programs, are superior. This is why Final Draft is considered the standard even though Fade-In Pro is significantly more user friendly yet costs less than than updates to Final draft.

People who use the program for income should pay more than students/beginners. A pro is using this software to the point the it costs tenths of a cent per hour. A beginner is more in the cents range.

This program is one of the best. It should be shown lots of love.

My point: those who complain about price are always those that cost the most to service. Best to steer them to competitors.

devinganger
Platform: Mac, Win + iOS

Fri Oct 25, 2019 5:39 pm Post

FredBob wrote:My point: those who complain about price are always those that cost the most to service. Best to steer them to competitors.

At the end of the day, that's not your call to make, is it?
--
Devin L. Ganger, WA7DLG
Not a L&L employee; opinions are those of my cat
Life has a way of moving you past wants and hopes

kewms
Platform: Mac

Fri Oct 25, 2019 6:39 pm Post

FredBob wrote:People who use the program for income should pay more than students/beginners. A pro is using this software to the point the it costs tenths of a cent per hour. A beginner is more in the cents range.

We do offer an educational discount.

Beyond that, I'm sure a school or other organization near you would appreciate as many donated licenses as you feel inspired to contribute.

Katherine
Scrivener Support Team

Ta
TadeoBlanco

Sat Oct 26, 2019 12:30 am Post

While I certainly could afford to pay more I appreciate Keith’s policy on pricing. It does keep Scrivener within the grasp of everyone who wants to try their hand at writing.

That is one of the reasons (apart from the fact that Scrivener in any version on Mac, Win and iOS is the absolute ‘gold standard’ IMO.) why I will gladly pay for the Win V3 upgrade.