Dissapointment in the Windows Team

Pr
Prometheus
Platform: Windows

Tue Oct 08, 2019 3:43 am Post

lunk wrote:
Prometheus wrote:Because I come to the forums from time to time looking for news on WinV3 and pop in infrequently except for this past month, when I finally had to register and speak my piece.

I think this is one of the things that irritate some of the long term users who spend a lot of time trying to help newcomers and people who have problems. Suddenly someone new comes in and visit the forum, posting only to complain about something.

So your response to those people is to call them whiners and failied writers - you, specifically, are one of the worst about that. You whine about people bitching and moaning, only to whine yourself because people don't want to hang around in forums because they might, oh I don't know, have actual writing to do.

Yes, you're so very helpful. Give yourself a cookie.

If L&L were smart, they'd ditch comments like yours that you post on almost anyone offering up a complaint, pissing all over them. However, they apparently have zero intention on moderating their own forums - an area that should be a selling point if they truly want to capture Windows users - and that, my friend, is why people do not hang around here to see anything helpful.

Katherine once responded rudely to someone, then posted a followup that said there is only one rule here in the forums: be nice. Certainly doens't appear that way.

Go ahead and have your last word about people being failed writers blaming their tools for their lack of/shitty writing, or being whiners, and your compatriots like Astaff who can't be bothered to respond properly to someone making idiotic threats about not using Scrivener can join right in. You can then be your happy little club where people shouldn't dare to criticize L&L and their abysmal record for shipping WinV3. I won't be back to see it, so feel free to launch your normal, usual attacks.

As
Astaff
Platform: Mac, Win + iOS

Tue Oct 08, 2019 5:59 am Post

Prometheus wrote:Go ahead and have your last word about people being failed writers blaming their tools for their lack of/shitty writing, or being whiners, and your compatriots like Astaff who can't be bothered to respond properly to someone making idiotic threats about not using Scrivener can join right in. You can then be your happy little club where people shouldn't dare to criticize L&L and their abysmal record for shipping WinV3. I won't be back to see it, so feel free to launch your normal, usual attacks.

Well, wasn't that a bitter tirade? Took almost month to come up with it. :D
Going back to the very beginning, several of us took exception to the abuse piled on by several posters and their response to that being pointed out.
Anyhoo, do take the time to enjoy Beta 24 which is working well and shows the commitment of the development team. Hey, even take a moment to be thankful for that commitment. :D You said you won't be back, but...

lunk
Platform: Mac + iOS

Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:44 am Post

Prometheus wrote:Go ahead and have your last word ...
- - -
I won't be back to see it, so feel free to launch your normal, usual attacks.

Bye, bye... :D
I am a user, writing non-fiction and science, using:
* Mac Scrivener 3 on a Macbook 12”, MacBook Pro 13”, and iMac 27”, all running Mojave.
* iOS Scrivener 1 on an iPhone 11 Pro, iPad Air 9.7”, and iPad Pro 12.9”, all running the latest iOS

AmberV
Platform: Mac + Linux

Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:59 am Post

Okay, I don’t think thread is going anywhere fruitful at this point. I’m going to start locking all of these toxic threads if they keep rearing their heads.

To be absolutely clear, we welcome all feedback, whether it is negative or positive. This isn’t about shutting down a thread where people can express disappointment. If you want to do that, please start a new one. This is about a thread that has gone sour and is no longer about the topic at hand; it has gone from feedback to a bunch of bickering about who said what and in which tone.

As to the specific comments on moderation: there seems to be an impression that we should run a forum where the topics are “pruned” to a standard we’d like to see. We do not delete comments or alter them unless they are truly heinous, spam, by user request (and then only in very special cases) or if someone accidentally posts personally identifiable information in public. I’m aware that some forums delete stuff the moderators don’t like, but to my mind that way leads nowhere good. Leaving an argument intact may be embarrassing, but it means we aren’t shaping threads into forming some narrative we approve of. Leaving an argument intact does not mean we endorse it (or any other comment that anyone makes on their own). That seems to me quite a contrived point of view, and surely not one that I am familiar with, from any place that hosts conversations where anyone can sign up and talk.

You alone are responsible for what you say, and you should feel free to say what you want to say without fear of us deleting it, or changing it, to suit our whims.
.:.
Ioa Petra'ka
“Whole sight, or all the rest is desolation.” —John Fowles