Scrivener 3 NEEDs to Save as... Scrivener Linux 1.9.0.1 beta compatible.

kewms
Platform: Mac

Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:05 pm Post

The Windows 1.9.0 download link is now functional.

Again, I am not sure why it is in L&L's interest to *add* support for an unsupported beta version that is already more than two years old, and is two significant leaps (iOS Scrivener support, Scrivener 3) behind Scrivener's current incarnation.

Katherine
Scrivener Support Team

Ga
GameLaw
Platform: Linux

Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:41 pm Post

Thank you, Katherine, for all your hard work on this.

For the other folks interested in this thread, the now working Windows 1.9.0 (Linux compatible) link is NOT the one Katherine posted earlier in the thread (That one is still dead), it is this one:

https://www.literatureandlatte.com/scrivener/release-notes?os=Windows

Thanks, all!

ca
catmugshot
Platform: Mac

Wed May 23, 2018 6:19 pm Post

I would like to voice that I would really appreciate an opportunity to purchase a Linux version of Scrivener compatible with Scrivener 3 projects. My motivation is Mac OS X's turnoffs - increased system bloat and user tracking, and a High Sierra update that rendered a 3rd party internal drive nonfunctional - which have frustrated me to the point that I am seriously exploring switching to Linux.

However, Scrivener has been crucial to effectively managing my art history research projects for years and is the sole piece of software I regularly use that lacks a Linux equivalent. :cry: I recently paid for the Scrivener 3 upgrade for Mac and have upgraded my active projects to the new format. I would greatly prefer to give more money to Scrivener than deal with the time suck of downgrading my projects to see if they work on Scrivener Linux 1.9.x beta.

The potential market of paid Scrivener Linux users may be greater than Literature and Latte assumes! More people are becoming frustrated with Windows and Mac OS background tracking or want to run leaner systems. Adobe's shift to a subscription model for Photoshop etc pushed me to discover that GIMP and InkScape barely suck at all anymore. To prepare the research, code and graphics for a web-based MA practicum project, I used Scrivener, GIMP, and Atom, 2 of which offer Linux versions. Only Scrivener is holding me back from taking the plunge to Linux. Scrivener is incredibly useful software for organizing humanities research; in my department it went from one faculty member's best-kept secret to the tool of choice for many of our graduate students.

krastev
Platform: Windows

Wed May 23, 2018 7:01 pm Post

I doubt that. Desktop Linux holds 0.66% of the market. And how many of those users need a writing software? 1000?
Krastev
Scrivener for Windows Version 1.9.9.0
Windows 7 & Windows 10 Home 64-bit
Testing Scrivener Beta for Windows

wa
watermelon
Platform: Linux

Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:12 pm Post

With an estimate like that you're probably not a Linux user yourself. I am, and I would pay for the latest version. Not all software that runs on Linux is free, or must be free.