Ipad index card app & Windows Scrivener

CF
CFR
Platform: Mac + Windows

Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:49 pm Post

I know the Ipad Index card app sinks with Mac Scrivener. Will it also sink with the Windows version?

Thanks,

AmberV
Platform: Mac + Linux

Sat Oct 15, 2011 12:11 am Post

Yes, that is the plan.
.:.
Ioa Petra'ka
“Whole sight, or all the rest is desolation.” —John Fowles

Ro
RonsLies
Platform: Windows

Wed Nov 30, 2011 2:36 pm Post

Any ideas on timeline? I do all of my preliminary work using iThoughts and Index Card on my iPad. And I'm weary of pasting into yW5.
Thanks... A forum newbie.

AmberV

Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:31 pm Post

No idea on that. I can say it is definitely a higher priority item. Five years ago nobody would have really cared, but these days a lot of people like working that way. However it's also a pretty complicated and touchy thing to implement. Synchronisation is never magic, and there are enough conceptual and procedural mistakes that can be made to mess things up even without program bugs. So making the underlying system as safe and bug free as possible is something that takes time.
Ioa Petra'ka

Ro
RonsLies
Platform: Windows

Thu Dec 08, 2011 4:02 pm Post

Thanks. Even an basic import from the Index Card TXT or RTF output would be very nice on an interim basis. I'm currently using iThoughts HD and Index Card to work out basic details. ( :shock: Don't worry, I don't have any expectations about integrating with the mind maps, but I like that I can include a PNG of them in Scrivener resources.)
Cheers!

AmberV

Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:48 pm Post

Yeah, basic .indexcard file importing and .opml format importing are two things that are coming. Both will import outlines, and the latter will be useful for any mindmapping style software that can output to OPML. Since mindmaps are essentially linear outlines this is not too difficult to accomplish. You lack the visualisation after doing so, but the data is all there, ready to be expanded with text. Like you say, a PNG can suffice for visualisation.
Ioa Petra'ka