Feedback

Ca
Calliopenjo
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Jan 01, 2011 11:47 pm
Platform: Windows

Sat Jan 01, 2011 11:54 pm Post

Hi there,

I enjoy using this software. It helps me to concentrate when I'm writing a story.

Sometimes when I start with MS Word and copy and paste it to Scrivener it doesn't transfer well. The indents get lost, the apostrophe disappears, and my double spacing gets lost as well.

It's nothing I can't deal with. I just thought you should know.

Calliopenjo :D

Ja
Jaype
Posts: 55
Joined: Sat Oct 03, 2009 8:40 pm
Platform: Mac + Windows
Location: Truro, Cornwall, UK

Sun Jan 02, 2011 11:47 am Post

Hi - just to make sure, have you downloaded the latest version (1.5) from here:

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=10833

I know it addresses some problems with line spacing, though am not sure this relates to importing or text creation... Have a browse on the bug hunt forum, though, as these issues have come up before and I'm fairly sure there are some work arounds lurking. Unfortunately, our more experienced Windows people are taking a brief holiday but I didn't want to leave your post unanswered.
Confession: I am the Scrivener team's 'half-a-person".

Ca
Calliopenjo
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Jan 01, 2011 11:47 pm
Platform: Windows

Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:02 pm Post

Hi there,

I did download 1.5 Beta the other day. That was smooth.

I'll take a closer look at the list of problems and see if someone suggested something. I might've missed something.

Thank you for reading.

EDIT: I found line spacing. It works great. XOXO


:D

el
elainephillips
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:07 am
Platform: Windows

Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:11 am Post

So far I find this system pretty useful.

The only problem for me is when I write something in Word and put it in scrivener it takes out all my apostorphes. Not sure if that is something you can fix, but that's the one thing that bugs me.

I hope that helps!

Ke
KerylRaist
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:48 am
Platform: Windows

Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:19 pm Post

Also having this problem. I copied a document from .docx into beta 1.5 and all my apostrophes vanished.

Spellchecker catches some of the problems. It underlines hadnt but doesn't notice hes or hed.