Program not Opening

gu
guavagirl76
Platform: Windows

Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:21 pm Post

My project will no longer open. I'm getting an error message that says "project is incompatible with this version of scrivener." I've been working on it for several days, including this morning. My computer was accidentally shut down in the middle of working on it, and when I tried to pull the file back up, I got the error message. I haven't put 1.2 on yet. I can pull up everything else. I had saved that project to my desktop for easy access, but it was also appearing on my list of projects when I opened Scrivener. Now it's only on my desktop, but will not open. I don't know how to get this back. Please help.

gu
guavagirl76

Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:32 pm Post

to add to my previous post: I am running windows 7, I downloaded scrivener October 30. All of my other projects are fine. No error messages with them. Just the latest one. My laptop got closed while the program was open. It shut down my computer. When I restarted Scrivener the error message popped up. Any suggestions?

Do
Dori

Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:32 pm Post

I've been working with the program all month. Today I tried to play with tables, setting the row to 1, which caused a crash. (I became aware after the fact that this would happen).

When I went to restart the program, it wouldn't open Windows giving me "Scrivener.exe has stopped working" dialog. This dialog will appear twice, then nothing.

I have uninstalled all versions of Scrivener, reinstalled them and same problem. Does anyone have any suggestions on what I should do?

I love the software and am intending to purchase when the new version comes out, but if it will continue to do the same thing, what would be the point?