Dutch dictionary missing

De
Delft
Platform: Windows

Mon Mar 29, 2021 3:55 pm Post

In 3.0.0.0, the Dutch dictionary is no longer available. It is also missing from the list of dictionaries to download. I can work around this by downloading 'Afrikaans' and copying dutch '.aff' and '.dic'files over the existing af-ZA.aff and af-ZA.dic. (and renaming them to af-Za.aff and af-ZA-dic.Then, if I select 'Afrikaans' for my spell-checking, I get my dutch spell-checking back. Can this be fixed in the next release?
Meanwhile: Hurray for the 3.o release!

bo
boocatslave

Fri Apr 02, 2021 1:43 am Post

I am also wondering this. I would like to use an English (Australia) dictionary, or English (UK). When will these be made available again?

MimeticMouton
Platform: Mac + Windows

Sat Apr 03, 2021 5:27 am Post

Dutch is available, but for mysterious reasons it appears that it's being alphabetised based on "Netherlands" rather than "Dutch", so you'll find it down in the N section of the list. I'll put in a bug note about that.

Australian and UK variants of English are also in the downloads list, both under English near the top. Do you not see these if you open File > Options, go to Corrections: Spelling and click on Download...?
Jennifer Hughes
(MM for short)

bo
boocatslave

Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:53 am Post

Ooooh. No, I have been looking under Language in the General settings, not under Corrections. Thank you.

MimeticMouton
Platform: Mac + Windows

Thu Apr 08, 2021 3:07 am Post

Ah, yeah, the language options under the General tab are for switching the program interface--menu titles and such--using volunteer-provided translations, but these don't affect the spell check dictionary.
Jennifer Hughes
(MM for short)