Can't change to British English

Pa
PandaTantrum
Platform: Windows

Tue Jan 05, 2021 2:56 pm Post

I just purchased Scrivener and one of the first things I noticed was that it defaulted to US English. I changed the in app settings to 'System Language' as I couldn't see an option for British English, but it didn't change the spell check language.

My system language is British English and always has been - every other software recognised that my system language is British English, so I am not sure why Scrivener does not.

Kekerusey

Sat Feb 20, 2021 9:26 pm Post

As far as I know, there is no option for "British English" in Scrivener, which is a real shame as it pretty much stops me using the package to its full extent and I use other tools (MS Word and ProWritingAid) instead.

James
The Abyssal Void War Book #1: Stars, Hide Your Fires
James C Rocks (A New Author's Journey)

Tw
Twolane

Sat Feb 20, 2021 11:17 pm Post

In my v1, it's under Tools / Options / Corrections.

Teriodin

Sun Feb 21, 2021 12:16 pm Post

Kekerusey wrote:As far as I know, there is no option for "British English" in Scrivener, which is a real shame as it pretty much stops me using the package to its full extent and I use other tools (MS Word and ProWritingAid) instead.

James

Options -> Corrections -> Dictionary.

You may need to use the DOWNLOAD button next to it if you haven't already done so to get the United KIngdom English option, which is what we use.
-- Mythic Fiction Author, tells lies for a living.