Scrivener will now revert to trial mode

In
Instant Runoff
Platform: Mac + Windows

Thu Nov 26, 2020 11:17 am Post

Windows installed an update overnight, and when I restarted everything this morning Scrivener came up with an error:

I bought the Windows + Mac bundle in June of 2017 and haven't had any problems til today. Has this happened to anyone else? How to solve?

devinganger
Platform: Mac, Win + iOS

Thu Nov 26, 2020 1:38 pm Post

Instant Runoff wrote:Windows installed an update overnight, and when I restarted everything this morning Scrivener came up with an error:

I bought the Windows + Mac bundle in June of 2017 and haven't had any problems til today. Has this happened to anyone else? How to solve?

You need to open a ticket with L&L customer support to deal with licensing issues. See the options at the L&L Contact Us web page.
--
Devin L. Ganger
Not a L&L employee; opinions are those of my cat
Life has a way of moving you past wants and hopes

ro
roman47
Platform: Windows

Fri Nov 27, 2020 3:39 pm Post

Instant Runoff wrote:
Windows installed an update overnight, and when I restarted everything this morning Scrivener came up with an error:

I had that happen about a week ago. It didn't occur to me it might have been the windows update. Anyway, I went back through my emails and found my activation code and re-entered it. Scrivener has worked as normal since. Might give that a try.
Stay safe.

ac
acxsasx
Platform: Win + iOS

Fri Nov 27, 2020 6:55 pm Post

Get used to it. It is a feature that happens randomly. Just happened to me with Scrivener and with Scrapple about a week a go. Irritating to say the least.

landyvlad
Platform: Windows

Wed Dec 16, 2020 5:37 am Post

Yeah windows updates are just SO helpful; eh.....
I have no idea what's going on. Pass the Scotch.