Modify automatic "Chapter one" headings text (chapters) to roman numerals

Lo
LostinTranslation
Platform: Windows

Wed Jan 22, 2020 12:59 am Post

Hi all,

I am new to Scrivener and don't understand how the compiler works.
I use Scrivener 1.9.16.0 on a Windows computer

I started a project from an existing manuscript which I imported into the Fiction Novel template, and split the chapters into as many folders containing a single scene : the actual text. Folder and scene have the same, roman numeral title.

I want my epub output to have simple chapter headings providing the roman numeral of each chapter, with a period
My text is in French.
When I compile, I don't understand what to do so that chapters are not automatically entitled "Chapter one" etc..., but rather "I.", "II.", ... "XIV" and so on

Thanks for your help.
M

Teriodin

Thu Jan 23, 2020 12:02 pm Post

I found this blog post - see if it helps:

https://www.scrivenervirgin.com/2017/07 ... ructuring/
-- Mythic Fiction Author, tells lies for a living.

Lo
LostinTranslation

Thu Jan 23, 2020 1:05 pm Post

Dear Connor,

This is exactly what I needed !!! So many thanks, you saved me at the moment that I was starting to dig into the Scrivener manual... a rather unpalatable prospect...

You made my day.
:D

Michel

rdale
Platform: Mac, Win + iOS

Thu Jan 23, 2020 2:05 pm Post

If I recall correctly, the default novel compile settings will work with just a series of chapter documents. You shouldn't have to put documents into chapter folders if you only have one document per chapter.
FKA: robertdguthrie
AKA: R Dale Guthrie, Robert, Mr. Obscure, and "Oh, it's you again".

magnoliasouth

Fri Feb 07, 2020 6:42 pm Post

Teriodin wrote:I found this blog post - see if it helps: https://www.scrivenervirgin.com/2017/07 ... ructuring/
My gracious! While I do not yet have a use for that, I loved it. It got printed to a pdf and saved for future use in my Tips folder in Scrivener. I also am a Kindle Unlimited user and downloaded her book. Looks interesting. Thanks so much for sharing!