From 2.9 to 1.9, please - but how (so I don't loose my work)?

ci
cigoLogic
Platform: Windows

Thu Sep 26, 2019 1:46 pm Post

Hi! :)

I'm new to Scrivener and hope I have not shot myself in the foot. A little while ago I downloaded Scrivener 1.9 and the 2.9 BETA. Since the beta version is much nicer I have worked in that exclusively. Since I am getting a notification that it will stop working on September 30, I wanted to open the project created in 2.9 BETA with the 1.9 version, When trying to do this I was told that it wasn't possible, since the project was created in a newer version. I am working on my graduate thesis, so this is pretty important to me. I was excepting and hoping version 3 to be released before the end of this month, but if that does not happen how can I then continue my thesis work?

Your help is much appreciated. Thanks! :)

rdale
Platform: Mac, Win + iOS

Thu Sep 26, 2019 2:39 pm Post

They have never failed to release another beta before the previous one expires. Just check for updates the day it is supposed to expire, and you'll likely get a new one with a new expiration date. No need to worry; they've been doing this for quite a while now.

As for getting it back to the release version's format, unfortunately, there's no way to do that with the Beta. If you know someone with a Mac, that feature is built into its version 3. They could download the trial, take a copy of your project, and save it as a "version 2" compatible project, which will open in Scrivener for windows version 1.9.

But again, if all you're worried about is the expiration of the current beta, just wait until the day of, and you'll be able to update to the next beta version.
FKA: robertdguthrie
AKA: R Dale Guthrie, Robert, Mr. Obscure, and "Oh, it's you again".

ci
cigoLogic
Platform: Windows

Thu Sep 26, 2019 2:48 pm Post

Thanks! Glad to hear. :) I'll wait for the new beta release then.