unable to verify your activation for more then two months

kewms
Platform: Mac

Thu Oct 03, 2019 4:45 pm Post

ceetee wrote:Thanks for replying. How does one open a support ticket?

https://www.literatureandlatte.com/contact-us

Katherine
Scrivener Support Team

Tw
Twolane
Platform: Windows

Thu Oct 03, 2019 5:59 pm Post

I stated getting the notification on both laptops today. I was able to correct Laptop One by doing a re-install of 1.9.14, since there was no Paddle directory in (x86) Scrivener. The Paddle directory appeared on re-install. I ran Scrivener.exe, re-entered my email and licence number, and so far, I'm good to go on Laptop One.

Laptop two: I ran Paddle.exe, then ran Scrivener. I re-entered my email and licence number, and so far, it is good to go also.

I must concur with another poster that it appears that Paddle is not up to the task. Unfortunately for L&L, this Paddle inability to function, and Paddle's likely inability to fix or repair the problem, is not what L&L needs right now.

ce
cecilebol

Fri Oct 04, 2019 6:33 am Post

I can't copy the entire bug log, but for me Paddle stumbles here:

Code: Select all

Debug: License Server reply received.
Warning: Could not find active Internet connection access point. Cannot verify activation.

Internet is perfectly fine here. I do have an older (2013), slightly slower computer. Everything is up to date.

Edit: oh wait, there's the log file:

Debug: "Fri Oct 4 08:27:11 2019" "
Scrivener

Application: Scrivener
Version: 1.9.14.0
Build: Release

Executable: Scrivener.exe
Compiler: MSVC.NET 1600
Qt-Compiled: 4.8.6
Qt-Runtime: 4.8.6
Windows Version: Unknown Windows Version
Created: Sep 13 2019  00:39:35
"
Debug: Runtime Location: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Scrivener"
Debug: Installed Location: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Scrivener"

[loading a gazillion fonts]

Debug: License server started.
Debug: Starting communication.
Debug: Communication enabled.
Debug: Sending command: "Configure"
Debug: Message sent to server, waiting for reply.
Debug: Sending command: "Product"
Debug: Message sent to server, waiting for reply.
Warning: Could not find active Internet connection access point. Cannot verify activation.

I seem to get quite close to the end of the tunnel compared to the others.

Edit 2: the odd thing is that by opening Scrivener this way I don't get the license warning pop up. Just the warning in the log file.

Li
LiaTelcontar

Sat Oct 05, 2019 2:02 pm Post

I'm still getting the message. This is what my log says:

Application: Scrivener
Versio: 1.9.14.0
Build: Release

Executable: Scrivener.exe
Compiler: MSVC.NET 1600
Qt-Compiled: 4.8.6
Qt-Runtime: 4.8.6
Windows Version: Windows 7
Debug: License server started
Debug: Starting commnication
Debug: Communication enabled.
Debug: Sending command: "Configure"
Debug: Message sent to serve, waiting for reply
Debug: Sending command: "Product"
Debug: Message sent to server, waiting for reply

(I'm running Windows 7 and .net 4.7.2.)

I've opened a support ticket last week, but haven't heard back yet. However, since it seems to be quite a common problem, I hope you'll roll out a new version soon that actually fixes the problem - instead of just extending the activation warning time as the last one seems to have done.

Ba
Babs

Sat Oct 05, 2019 3:14 pm Post

Here we go again. After what I thought was a successful update via version 1.9.14, I received the following error message. I also restarted computer system, loaded Scrivener. and received the same message. Will Scrivener convert to the trial version, and when will L&L permanently resolve this issue.
Attachments
scrivener license activation issue.png
scrivener license activation issue.png (12.02 KiB) Viewed 1024 times

originalvega33

Sun Oct 06, 2019 12:34 am Post

I am receiving the same error as the prior poster, after upgrading to 1.9.14.

I've attempted to debug what's going on using HTTPS sniffers on my local machine, and in all cases what I'm seeing is a 408 request timeout where the remote server is not sending a response in the expected time. This is always preceded by a 102 Unable to authenticate/Bad API Key response. It is uncertain whether this 102 is from Paddle or from Cloudflare which sits in the middle (EDITED: confirmed its from Paddle). Hopefully this helps in figuring out what is causing this very vexing problem.

ru
rubbersoulster

Sun Oct 06, 2019 4:09 pm Post

Same issue (AGAIN) for me as well. Everything seemed fine after the fix from this forum and then the update to 1.9.14.0. I've opened another support ticket, and sent them a copy of my most recent log, though I know this is probably going to require another update on L&L's end.

It's frustrating to deal with this issue again when it seemed resolved... although the fact that the message now says "automatic re-activation with our license provider has failed for more than 3 months" instead of saying 2 months, as it did in September, makes me think perhaps the issue wasn't really fixed in the first place.

La
LauraV

Mon Oct 07, 2019 3:38 am Post

Yep, it's back. Sigh. At least we had a short reprieve.

Ma
MarionB

Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:33 am Post

kytriya wrote:
MarionB - Click on Folder in Task bar (the bottom bar). Go to C:// folder (ordinateur - computer) folder. Find (X86) folder. This is the "Program Files" in English. This might be "Fichiers de programme" for you. OPen Scrivener folder. Inside This folder, is "Paddle" folder. Open it. Click on Paddle.exe. It will open and close.

Next get out of the Paddle Folder. In the Scrivener folder, find Scrivener.exe. Immediately below this icon IS ScrivenerLog.bat. Right click on it and find "Run as Administrator" (Exécuter en tant qu'administrateur?). It will have a blue and yellow icon in front of it.

Sorry, but I do not know how to copy the console data. However, a window with a black screen and white text will pop up and run. When it is done, then you will be able to see all the data. Check the menu to see if there is a way to copy. Ctrl C does not always work in Console windows. Once its copied, Ctrl V should work for pasting. I hope this works for you!

Mods - Yes, I did update because I was having the issue. We will see if I have the issue next month. I will patiently wait for another hot fix. Thanks!

YOU ARE ADORABLE!
I'm gonna open a ticket support with a copy of my console data.
Sorry it took me so much time to come back here and thank you, I got the warning message everyday when opening Scrivener but you know, ain't nobody got time for that :D
Thank you so much! The procedure was cristal clear and your superfluous indications are the cutest thing I ever read on a forum.

As
AstraCastra

Mon Oct 07, 2019 1:11 pm Post

FIXED FOR ME...

This has been bugging me since July. It's a quick fix, bit of a pain, but better than nothing. Here's what I did:
Uninstalled. re-installed from the website. De-activate inside Scrivener and then reactivate.

Edited to say:

I didn't lose any files. I uninstalled and cleaned out all the old downloads because I had to reinstall each time I wanted to use it to get it to work. It would freeze otherwise. If you haven't clogged with lots of downloads of the .exe file, maybe a simply deactivate/reactivate will work.

I did this four days ago and now have no issues at all.

I hope this works for you as well.

ja
jasonwd

Tue Oct 08, 2019 3:53 pm Post

Happening to me again too. Very unpleasant surprise starting work this morning to have this happening again. Wish they would get it sorted.

Li
LiaTelcontar

Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:38 am Post

@Scrivener Support: are you working on this issue? Will there be a new version released that fixes this bug? If so, any idea when?

Sorry for the many questions, but I opened a support ticket last week, but unfortunately haven't heard back. It would be nice to know whether this is being addressed as the message pops up every time I open Scrivener.

bo
boss281

Wed Oct 09, 2019 5:00 pm Post

Mine is doing it again too. Thought it had been fixed with deactivate, uninstall, install, reactivate. Don't feel like doing that again but interestingly even though I got the error message Scrivener still seems activated.

kewms
Platform: Mac

Wed Oct 09, 2019 5:32 pm Post

Yes, we are working on it. We've supplied an updated Scrivener.exe file to a few users having issues, and will push an official release if that test is successful.

Katherine
Scrivener Support Team

Li
LiaTelcontar

Wed Oct 09, 2019 5:38 pm Post

kewms wrote:Yes, we are working on it. We've supplied an updated Scrivener.exe file to a few users having issues, and will push an official release if that test is successful.

Katherine
Ah great. Thanks for getting back to me. Let's hope it works.