unable to verify your activation for more then two months

ST
STForstner
Platform: Windows

Sat Sep 28, 2019 2:37 am Post

The update appears to have worked fine, the software opens pretty quick and I don't get the warning note anymore. Thank you guys.

da
darlingmaria

Sat Sep 28, 2019 12:51 pm Post

After the new update, the programme has been working fine, up until today I got the activation verification error again.

sh
sheima90

Sat Sep 28, 2019 2:28 pm Post

After the update, the program worked fine, but today the activation verification error came out again.

I am sorry if my English is not good, I use the translator.

tiho_d
Platform: Linux + Windows

Sat Sep 28, 2019 11:28 pm Post

Guys, can you please upload some logs. Start ScrivenerLog.bat as an Admin (right click and Run as Administrator) and upload them in this thread, Copy paste the console output or upload the last log file from within the "log" subfolder. Thanks!

sh
sheima90

Sun Sep 29, 2019 8:49 am Post

tiho_d wrote:Guys, can you please upload some logs. Start ScrivenerLog.bat as an Admin (right click and Run as Administrator) and upload them in this thread, Copy paste the console output or upload the last log file from within the "log" subfolder. Thanks!

Good morning, here I leave what appears on the console:

Code: Select all

Debug: Starting communication.
Debug: Could not open pipe. Last Error: 2
Debug: Communication disabled.
Debug: Communication enabled.
Debug: Sending command: "Configure"
Debug: Message sent to server, waiting for reply.
Debug: License Server reply received.
Warning: Could not find active Internet connection access point. Cannot verify activation.

Although it says there is no internet access, I have internet and it is also added to the antivirus and firewall exceptions.

Sorry for my English, I use translator.

ke
kevwallace365

Sun Sep 29, 2019 9:53 am Post

Same issue as darlingmaria. Scrivener was working fine until just this morning. Except now the warning says Scrivner hasn't been able to contact the server for 3 months.

Here's my log:

Debug: "Sun 29. Sep 10:55:54 2019" "
Scrivener

Application: Scrivener
Version: 1.9.14.0
Build: Release

Executable: Scrivener.exe
Compiler: MSVC.NET 1600
Qt-Compiled: 4.8.6
Qt-Runtime: 4.8.6
Windows Version: Unknown Windows Version
Created: Sep 13 2019 00:39:35
"
Debug: Runtime Location: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Scrivener"
Debug: Installed Location: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Scrivener"

It has a long list of Debug notes on loading fonts (no postscript name - I don't think this is a problem) and then loads my document fine and then tries to communicate re: licence and that's when the errors start.

Debug: License server started.
Debug: Communication enabled.
Debug: Sending command: "Configure"
Debug: Message sent to server, waiting for reply.
Debug: License Server reply received.
Debug: License manager received a failure reply.
Debug: Last Error: "Error occurred when trying to load product file for product id: 560808.."

tiho_d

Mon Sep 30, 2019 7:38 am Post

Fixing the error with message: "Debug: Last Error: "Error occurred when trying to load product file for product id: 560808.."

Close Scrivener and navigate to the "C:\ProgramData\Paddle" folder, and delete the following file:

C:\ProgramData\Paddle\NTYwODA4.padl

Then re-open Scrivener and try the registration again. I hope that will solve the problem, but if you encounter the same error, then please repeat the process, but this time deleting both of the following files:

C:\ProgramData\Paddle\NTYwODA4.spadl

After step 2) you should re-enter your registration details unfortunately. We are working with Paddle to fix this issue.

tiho_d

Mon Sep 30, 2019 7:44 am Post

@sheima90: The true problem is reported with the message: "Could not open pipe.". To fix this make sure you restart or shutdown your computer(not Sleep, or Hibernate) and try again. If it still gives the same error, restart the computer, but this time try running Scrivener with Admin rights(right click Run as Administrator). If you still get the 3 months license prompt, please contact L&L support with the last log file generated on your system as an Administrator.

tiho_d

Mon Sep 30, 2019 8:20 am Post

@sheima90: After a second look at your log, I have a better understanding of the problem on your machine. I believe you have a relatively slow computer. This caused the first "Could not open pipe." error. It would be great if you could confirm your PC technical specs and your OS version. The second problem is that actually Scrivener does not detect reliably your Internet connection. May I suggest trying the following:

1) Restart your computer.
2) Navigate into the Scrivener installation folder and Paddle subfolder and double-click Paddle.exe. The file location by default is: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Scrivener\paddle\Paddle.exe". You might see a quick window appear and disappear. This is expected. We only want to speed up starting of the application Paddle.exe when we launch Scrivener.
3) Start ScrivenerLog.bat as usual and check the logs. The "Could not open pipe." message should be gone.

If nothing here helps, you can always deactivate and activate again with your license code, which is inconvenient obviously.

Ma
MarionB

Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:57 am Post

Hi,
I'm a desperate French user :)
Same problem here, the update fixed the activation problem til this morning but now it's back.
I don't understand the following instructions : "Start ScrivenerLog.bat as an Admin (right click and Run as Administrator) and upload them in this thread, Copy paste the console output or upload the last log file from within the "log" subfolder."
Can't even locate ScrivenerLog.bat :(
Thank You

sh
sheima90

Mon Sep 30, 2019 12:53 pm Post

tiho_d wrote:@sheima90: After a second look at your log, I have a better understanding of the problem on your machine. I believe you have a relatively slow computer. This caused the first "Could not open pipe." error. It would be great if you could confirm your PC technical specs and your OS version. The second problem is that actually Scrivener does not detect reliably your Internet connection. May I suggest trying the following:

1) Restart your computer.
2) Navigate into the Scrivener installation folder and Paddle subfolder and double-click Paddle.exe. The file location by default is: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Scrivener\paddle\Paddle.exe". You might see a quick window appear and disappear. This is expected. We only want to speed up starting of the application Paddle.exe when we launch Scrivener.
3) Start ScrivenerLog.bat as usual and check the logs. The "Could not open pipe." message should be gone.

If nothing here helps, you can always deactivate and activate again with your license code, which is inconvenient obviously.

Thank you very much for your help. Yesterday I deactivated and reactivated the license and it has not shown me the message, anyway here are the technical specifications of my PC:

-Windows 10 Home version 1903 64btis
-processor: AMD athlon(tm) II x2 250 3.00 GHz
-RAM: 4,00 GB

tiho_d

Mon Sep 30, 2019 2:34 pm Post

@MarionB: ScrivenerLog.bat is usually within the Scrivener installation folder. By default Scrivener is installed under: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Scrivener"
If you still cannot follow my instructions, please contact L&L support and they will help you further.

ke
kevwallace365

Mon Sep 30, 2019 4:02 pm Post

tiho_d wrote:Fixing the error with message: "Debug: Last Error: "Error occurred when trying to load product file for product id: 560808.."

Close Scrivener and navigate to the "C:\ProgramData\Paddle" folder, and delete the following file:

Then re-open Scrivener and try the registration again. I hope that will solve the problem, but if you encounter the same error, then please repeat the process, but this time deleting both of the following files:

C:\ProgramData\Paddle\NTYwODA4.spadl

After step 2) you should re-enter your registration details unfortunately. We are working with Paddle to fix this issue.

Thanks tiho_d - that seems to have worked for me. Will advise if it starts again.

ma
maryc

Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:53 pm Post

cecilebol wrote:Seriously, is this a joke? The hotfix that was launched last week seemed to fix the problem, but now I get the message that the program hasn't connected with the license system for 3 months and will roll back into trial mode after 6 months. This is almost hilarious.

Edit: added a screenshot to prove I'm not joking.

scrivener-license-3-6-month.jpg

Got the same message today! Who has time for this craziness?

Hi
Historiker

Tue Oct 01, 2019 7:56 am Post

maryc wrote:
cecilebol wrote:Seriously, is this a joke? The hotfix that was launched last week seemed to fix the problem, but now I get the message that the program hasn't connected with the license system for 3 months and will roll back into trial mode after 6 months. This is almost hilarious.

Edit: added a screenshot to prove I'm not joking.

scrivener-license-3-6-month.jpg

Got the same message today! Who has time for this craziness?

Me too. On one of two computers.