Error: A connection to the licensing server could not be established

sg
sgerdom
Platform: Windows

Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:43 am Post

sgerdom wrote:
tiho_d wrote:We managed to pinpoint the problem. Before releasing it to public, I would like to ask you to test it first and report your results.

Hi Tiho: It seems to work on first sight. But the nag message/s don't pop up every single time I open Scrivener, so I will test it a few days and come back to report.
Thank you!
Susanne

Hi Tiho, hi all
It works till today, At that moment I'm installing the update and crossing my fingers ....

Edit: Scrivener started normally, everything is fine. Thanks a lot for the good job!
I'm working with Scrivener for years now - I love it!

Do
DownUnderDabbler

Wed Sep 18, 2019 10:57 am Post

I too am having this problem, mine saying it has been two months since connection and it is reverting to trial mode. This complicates things because I cannot now close my project. It wants to back it up and always simply shuts down after a slow climb to 55% of the backup. Reinstalling does not help, opens the same project and the cycle repeats.

I have work to do. What are my options here. I have a valid license bought only a few months ago.

Hakim
"A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in." (Multiple versions, multiple sources)

Ta
TadeoBlanco

Wed Sep 18, 2019 11:23 am Post

DownUnderDabbler wrote:I too am having this problem, mine saying it has been two months since connection and it is reverting to trial mode. This complicates things because I cannot now close my project. It wants to back it up and always simply shuts down after a slow climb to 55% of the backup. Reinstalling does not help, opens the same project and the cycle repeats.

I have work to do. What are my options here. I have a valid license bought only a few months ago.

Hakim

Have you installed the update and rebooted?

Do
DownUnderDabbler

Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:22 pm Post

This is the version I have: Version: 1.9.14.0 - 13 Sep 2019 which says it is up to date. Have reentered license details but same project opens and won't close without crashing during backup at 55%. Yes, have rebooted several times, one of which allowed the entry and acceptance of license. Any thoughts?
"A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in." (Multiple versions, multiple sources)

kewms
Platform: Mac

Wed Sep 18, 2019 6:07 pm Post

Backup failure is probably a different issue. Please open a support ticket.
https://www.literatureandlatte.com/contact-us

Katherine
Scrivener Support Team

Do
DownUnderDabbler

Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:00 am Post

kewms wrote:Backup failure is probably a different issue. Please open a support ticket.
https://www.literatureandlatte.com/contact-us

Katherine

Thanks Katherine. You are correct; by disabling save on exit I was able to open other projects. Support ticket seems the way to go. Many thanks.
\Hakim

ca
catiemon

Fri Oct 11, 2019 7:08 am Post

Hey, guys! I encountered the same error over three months ago, I tried deactivating (it won't deactivate) and uninstalling and installing many times but the problem persists. Kindly help, thank you so much!

https://ibb.co/pLZr7ZX