Error: A connection to the licensing server could not be established

sg
sgerdom
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:02 pm
Platform: Windows

Wed Aug 28, 2019 10:45 am Post

I'm getting this error for a week or two now - I don't know what causes it and what I have to do. Running system since years, no major changes (okay, Windows 10 ... always changes ...)

Sorry for my poor english ...

I've got a screenshot: .
Scrivener_error.png
Scrivener_error.png (35.89 KiB) Viewed 1132 times


Edit: The last .net-version is installed
Last edited by sgerdom on Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dr
Dr Zogg
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:32 am
Platform: Mac + Windows

Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:37 am Post

I'm having the same, don't know what's causing it.
Attachments
activation01.JPG
activation01.JPG (43.66 KiB) Viewed 1130 times
activation01.JPG
activation01.JPG (43.66 KiB) Viewed 1130 times

sg
sgerdom
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:02 pm
Platform: Windows

Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:45 am Post

Yes, I've got that one too!

ba
bakersc
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:54 pm
Platform: Windows

Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:02 pm Post

This error just popped up for me as well. I'm guessing it's related to the most recent update, which included the following:

Resolves outstanding licensing and activation issues introduced by the switch to Paddle.
IMPORTANT: Activation through the new Paddle system requires Windows 7 with Service Pack 1 and Microsoft .NET Framework 4.6.2 or higher. The latest .NET Framework for your system can be installed via Windows Update under optional recommended updates. After installing, please be sure to run a new check for updates to ensure all follow-up security patches are installed.


I already have version 4.8 of the .NET framework and service pack 1 installed, so I will be e-mailing Literature and Latte support directly to ask if they have any other ideas.

Here's a link to Service Pack 1, if anyone else needs it.

You can check to see if these two things are installed by going to your control panel and selecting uninstall programs, then typing NET and service pack in the "search installed updates" textbox, respectively.

User avatar
rdale
Posts: 2014
Joined: Tue Jul 14, 2015 1:07 pm
Platform: Mac, Win + iOS
Location: St. Louis, MO
Contact:

Wed Aug 28, 2019 7:02 pm Post

Have you all updated Scrivener to version 1.9.13? About two months ago, the company who did Literature & Latte's licensing authentication closed up shop, so Lit & Lat had to release a new version of Scrivener that uses another company's website. You should have gotten a prompt to automatically update Scrivener in June.

More info here: https://www.literatureandlatte.com/blog ... ith-paddle
Download latest Scrivener from here: https://www.literatureandlatte.com/scri ... os=Windows
FKA: robertdguthrie
AKA: R Dale Guthrie, Robert, Mr. Obscure, and "Oh, it's you again".

sg
sgerdom
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:02 pm
Platform: Windows

Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:06 pm Post

rdale wrote:Have you all updated Scrivener to version 1.9.13?


Yes, since two months. And the newest NET.Framework.

And now? *sigh*

Le
Leinad Zerimar
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Aug 29, 2019 1:49 am
Platform: Windows

Thu Aug 29, 2019 2:14 am Post

Hopefully the folks at Literature and Latte are reading this, as I'm about to demand a refund. However, based on my experience so far, I'm going to blame Paddle for this one. Those guys don't seem to know their own platform all that well.

To sum up, this is the issue I (and likely others) am facing:
*Scrivener (1.9.5) worked fine until literally today.
*When starting the program, I get update message with the whole Paddle warning.
*Carefully read EVERYTHING, to ensure I don't brake the software (or my computer).
*Confirm I am running Windows 7, fully updated Service Pack 1, and .NET framework updated to 4.7.03062.
*Go ahead with download and install of update 1.9.13
*Excitedly launch Scrivener and it gives me a message almost exactly like Dr. Zogg posted, except that it allowed me to copy my License Code and submit it manually.
*I copy my code and continue.
*Program then immediately freezes.
*20 minutes and two sandwiches later, still frozen...
*Program freezes infinitely upon reload (blank window with message "[Project Name HERE] (not responding)" at the top).
*Restart Windows and try running again.
*Program again freezes on launch.
*Completely uninstall Scrivener and all of it's components.
*Reinstall 1.9.13.
*STILL freezes on launch (blank window with message "New Project (not responding)" at the top).
*Roll back to 1.9.9... NOPE!
*Roll back to 1.9.5... NOPE!!
*Roll back to 1.9.0... NOPE!!!
*Repeatedly slam head against desk while cursing the computer gods.
*Panic as I suddenly realize I cannot access any of my novels or other projects, one of which I am behind on a deadline.
*Write post on this website...

User avatar
krastev
Posts: 521
Joined: Fri Feb 05, 2016 5:21 am
Platform: Windows
Contact:

Thu Aug 29, 2019 3:12 am Post

If you haven't tied, try this:

1. Temporarily turn off your antivirus.

2. Run the last Scrivener version as administrator.

If it works, then the problem is in your configuration.

Regards,
M
Krastev
Windows 10 Home 64-bit
Scrivener for Windows Version 1.9.16.0
Testing Scrivener Beta for Windows

sg
sgerdom
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:02 pm
Platform: Windows

Thu Aug 29, 2019 10:34 am Post

Hi M,

yes. It seems to work (I have to try it some times more, the error doesn't pop up every time ...)

It is F-Secure ( :evil: ) I've added Scrivener in the whitelist of the program, but I think , the connection to Paddle causes the error.

Well, if it works now, I kill F-Secure.

Thank you!

sh
sheima90
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:45 pm
Platform: Windows
Location: Cuenca, Spain

Thu Aug 29, 2019 11:35 am Post

I'm having the same problem.

Sin título.png
Sin título.png (13.88 KiB) Viewed 1002 times

User avatar
krastev
Posts: 521
Joined: Fri Feb 05, 2016 5:21 am
Platform: Windows
Contact:

Thu Aug 29, 2019 12:48 pm Post

sgerdom wrote:Hi M,

yes. It seems to work (I have to try it some times more, the error doesn't pop up every time ...)

It is F-Secure ( :evil: ) I've added Scrivener in the whitelist of the program, but I think , the connection to Paddle causes the error.

Well, if it works now, I kill F-Secure.

Thank you!


You are welcome, :)
M
Krastev
Windows 10 Home 64-bit
Scrivener for Windows Version 1.9.16.0
Testing Scrivener Beta for Windows

FJ
FJAG
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri Dec 12, 2014 8:03 pm
Platform: Windows

Thu Aug 29, 2019 1:56 pm Post

I've had the "Licence Server Ended" message for a few weeks now but the "Your re-activation with our licence provider ..." message only appeared for the first time today (and not every time that I start up Scrivener.

To any L&L tech staff scanning these posts: I presume you know that you are having an issue with your new licencing system and that you are working to correct it quickly. To this point these messages are merely annoying in that they do not stop the actual functioning of my program. If in two months this isn't fixed and Scrivener does revert to the trial mode, I will be seriously PO'd.

User avatar
krastev
Posts: 521
Joined: Fri Feb 05, 2016 5:21 am
Platform: Windows
Contact:

Thu Aug 29, 2019 2:04 pm Post

FJAG wrote:I've had the "Licence Server Ended" message for a few weeks now but the "Your re-activation with our licence provider ..." message only appeared for the first time today (and not every time that I start up Scrivener.

To any L&L tech staff scanning these posts: I presume you know that you are having an issue with your new licencing system and that you are working to correct it quickly. To this point these messages are merely annoying in that they do not stop the actual functioning of my program. If in two months this isn't fixed and Scrivener does revert to the trial mode, I will be seriously PO'd.

Have you installed the latest update?
Krastev
Windows 10 Home 64-bit
Scrivener for Windows Version 1.9.16.0
Testing Scrivener Beta for Windows

ba
bakersc
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:54 pm
Platform: Windows

Thu Aug 29, 2019 4:02 pm Post

Here's the response I got from L&L's support staff:
It sounds as though something on your computer is blocking access to Paddle's activation server. Please disable any firewalls, proxies, and anti-virus or other security software, then try the registration again.


Unfortunately I can't do that, as I'm using the software on a work-provided computer and they don't give me the keys to that kind of thing. :lol:

But it does seem to be Paddle--and not Scrivener--that's technically the issue.

User avatar
krastev
Posts: 521
Joined: Fri Feb 05, 2016 5:21 am
Platform: Windows
Contact:

Thu Aug 29, 2019 4:09 pm Post

bakersc wrote:Here's the response I got from L&L's support staff:
It sounds as though something on your computer is blocking access to Paddle's activation server. Please disable any firewalls, proxies, and anti-virus or other security software, then try the registration again.


Unfortunately I can't do that, as I'm using the software on a work-provided computer and they don't give me the keys to that kind of thing. :lol:

But it does seem to be Paddle--and not Scrivener--that's technically the issue.

If you 'can't do that' it seems to me you should reffer the problem to whomever is managing your computer since they are the one who have the credentials to fix your problem.

Regards,
M
Krastev
Windows 10 Home 64-bit
Scrivener for Windows Version 1.9.16.0
Testing Scrivener Beta for Windows