Scrivner 1.9.10 Key

Wi
Wildblueyonder
Platform: Windows

Fri Jun 28, 2019 12:04 am Post

Still without.

I DID find the serial number - key - in the spam folder so check there.

But the key did not work.

I assume that the License name is simply "Scrivener for Windows (Regular Licence)" as written above the key.

I do hope this doesn't take too long.
This moment's the rushing crest of evolution. Woo-hoo!

Silverdragon
Platform: Mac + iOS

Fri Jun 28, 2019 1:12 am Post

There should be an actual name (yours, as you entered it when you bought the license.) So the key is in two parts: your name, and the license key. This is how it looked in my original email :
Screenshot 2019-06-27 18.06.36.jpg
Screenshot 2019-06-27 18.06.36.jpg (29.72 KiB) Viewed 1868 times

Hope this helps!
  • Fiction-writer curled up on her TP hoard.
  • Mac Scrivener 3.1.5, MacBook Air 11, MacOS 10.15.6 (Catalina)
  • IOS Scrivener 1.2.1; iPad 6; i(Pad)OS 14.0.1

ts
tswalker
Platform: Linux

Fri Jun 28, 2019 2:39 am Post

The problem for me is I've activated both Scrivener and Scapple several times in the past. (I'm using linux + wine so I used to distro-hop a bit) Previously however, the form asked for the "serial number name". This time it's asking for the email addy you used when you purchased the product. I have all the information except that. With lost accounts, multiple current email accounts, etc. I have no clue which one to use.

I've emailed support and am waiting to hear from them. From the number of posts about this, I'll bet they're up to their hips in requests so I'm sure they would appreciate a little patience.
TSWalker

ce
cetchison

Fri Jun 28, 2019 3:04 am Post

I ended up reinstalling the older version for Windows as the new version would not accept the license information just sent to me by Literature and Latte. It still requires the license information, but the difference is the old installation requests USER NAME and license code and the new Windows version requests USER EMAIL ADDRESS and license code.

Also, my email to windows.support@literatureandlatte.com bounced back as undeliverable.

Da
DanK

Fri Jun 28, 2019 6:11 am Post

Arrrgh.

Not a good day for Scrivener. I'm trying to do as suggested on this forum and resinstalling the previous version but wanted to ask with the serial number do you include the dashes? or take them out?
And its asking me for serial number NAME, I've tried everything and its not accepting - is it just your name?? I can't find the original confirmation email because I"ve been with them since 2007 and its long gone. :roll:

ce
cetchison

Fri Jun 28, 2019 12:29 pm Post

Dan--

I copied the serial key from the L&L email and pasted it directly into the field, dashes and all. And yes, the name should be the one you registered your software under, not an email address.

Hope you get back in soon.

bw
bwhm

Fri Jun 28, 2019 10:53 pm Post

Confirming the licensing mechanism for Windows version 1.9.10 is broken, I get the same error as others posting here. I had to downgrade to Scrivener 1.9.9 in order to get the software to work (a re-entry of the license was required). Glad this worked as it would have really screwed up the only writing night I have this week!

Wi
Wildblueyonder

Sat Jun 29, 2019 11:44 pm Post

Four days without. Just got it back.

Thanks and bows to Silverdragon on this thread, for the hint that helped. :P

The Serial Name is your name and it's case sensitive. I had to go through a lot of possibilities to find the exact nameform it wanted - no period after my middle initial, for example.

Andrew
This moment's the rushing crest of evolution. Woo-hoo!

Silverdragon
Platform: Mac + iOS

Sat Jun 29, 2019 11:49 pm Post

Glad I could help!

PS. And this, boys and girls, is why the Silverdragon never, never, EVER throws away a software registration email. I save them to Evernote, but saving them as files to a hard disk folder that's rigorously backed up works as well. :D
  • Fiction-writer curled up on her TP hoard.
  • Mac Scrivener 3.1.5, MacBook Air 11, MacOS 10.15.6 (Catalina)
  • IOS Scrivener 1.2.1; iPad 6; i(Pad)OS 14.0.1

Da
DanK

Sun Jun 30, 2019 3:22 am Post

Wildblueyonder wrote:Four days without. Just got it back.

Thanks and bows to Silverdragon on this thread, for the hint that helped. :P

The Serial Name is your name and it's case sensitive. I had to go through a lot of possibilities to find the exact nameform it wanted - no period after my middle initial, for example.

Andrew

:cry: I wish I was like you! I've tried every possible combination of my name I can think of....still wont let me in.....luckily I had not updated on my laptop so I can access my work but its not ideal.....waiting on the Scrivener help desk to tell me what name I registered this darn thing under!!
This update has been an absolute mess

EDITED - SUCCESS!!! Ha ha I'm so happy I could cry.....did one last ditch effort search through old emails and finally found the serial number and name :) And am not touching 1.9.10 EVER AGAIN!

xiamenese
Platform: Mac

Sun Jun 30, 2019 10:22 am Post

Still keep a record of your name and serial number, in case you’re asked for it when v. 3 goes commercial!
I keep all my software details (and any for my wife and friends who turn to me whin things go wrong) in a 1Password vault, and in Yojimbo (MAC only) which is backed up weekly to an external drive.

Mark
The Scrivenato sometimes known as Mr X.
iMac 27" (late 2015) 10.15.6, 24GB RAM, 512GB SSID
MBP17" (late 2011) 10.13.6, 16GB RAM, 2TB SSID
2017 iPad, iPadOS 14, 128GB, Apple Pencil
Scrivener, Scapple, Nisus Writer Pro, Bookends …

devinganger
Platform: Mac, Win + iOS

Mon Jul 01, 2019 7:20 am Post

DanK wrote:And am not touching 1.9.10 EVER AGAIN!

Unless I mis-remember a recent post, you may not have a choice. Since the old license provider is going away in a short time, anything below 1.9.10 won't be able to talk to the new license provider. And I believe I just read in the last few days that Scrivener will attempt to reach out to the license provider once every X days to re-validate the license and ensure it hasn't been revoked. Once that happens, you'd have to upgrade to 1.9.10 to re-validate under the new license provider.
--
Devin L. Ganger, WA7DLG
Not a L&L employee; opinions are those of my cat
Life has a way of moving you past wants and hopes

ji
jimjams

Tue Jul 02, 2019 2:04 pm Post

Same happened here, I upgraded after the program solecited me to do it, and on restart there was no way to make it activate. I still know my key but the program doesn't like it.
I think this is a general bug. You should fix it quickly, before the tens or hundreds locked out of Scrivenere turns thousands.

mario

AmberV
Platform: Mac + Linux

Tue Jul 02, 2019 2:20 pm Post

No worries, it is not a general bug that nearly everyone experiences! There would be a lot more than a couple of threads about it on the forum otherwise.

There are however some isolated cases, and we'd like to look into them individually, so feel free to get in touch with us.

Also, there have been a few updates since .10 (it is up to .12 now), and all involve general improvements and increased compatibility with the activation component. So please do upgrade if you haven't, and are experiencing issues.
.:.
Ioa Petra'ka
“Whole sight, or all the rest is desolation.” —John Fowles

bw
bwhm

Tue Jul 02, 2019 9:24 pm Post

Unfortunately the hotfix release for Windows from July 1st is still messed up. When I tried to install it on my laptop, after being prompted to do so, I received the same error message as before noting that the license check failed and I should email support. Upon clicking through that, I received another message stating that this computer needed to be verified via Paddle--and clicking though that led to a confirmation that registration was successful with Paddle. However, Scrivner then crashed/became unresponsive, and I had to kill the process. And whenever I try to restart the software, it again becomes unresponsive after which time I have to kill it.

I tried downgrading to Scrivener 1.9.9 once again, but after the install Scrivner remains unresponsive and I have to kill the process. So basically this software no longer works on my laptop. I'm not sure what's going on, but clearly you guys need to do much more thorough testing before you release an update. Ridiculous!

bwhm wrote:Confirming the licensing mechanism for Windows version 1.9.10 is broken, I get the same error as others posting here. I had to downgrade to Scrivener 1.9.9 in order to get the software to work (a re-entry of the license was required). Glad this worked as it would have really screwed up the only writing night I have this week!