How can I import / export / back up / restore the settings of Scrivener?

Bi
Biff
Platform: Windows

Mon Jan 16, 2017 8:04 am Post

How can I import / export / back up / restore the own settings & data (dictionaries, etc.) of Scrivener?

I want to re-install Scrivener an get my own settings to the new install.
Windows 10, 64bit

db
dbc183c7
Platform: Windows

Mon Feb 13, 2017 4:56 pm Post

Biff,

A quick paste of info I've collected or used:
(Most of) the Tools/Options settings (F12) can be found (and exported/imported) using the Options screen's buttons, lower left: Manage.
(I have early and often exported Options changes to a non-default named file.)

As for various spellings (from my ever-growing list of such things, awaiting my move to Win10 and a new computer):
*Personal word list file, "wordlists.ini", is in “C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Local\Scrivener\Scrivener\wordlists.ini”.
*My Scriv Scratchpad folder is "C:\Users\MYUSERNAME\Scrivener ScratchPad".
*MS Office's own autocorrections appear to be repeated in about three "MsSp7en.acl" files across the PC (same file each, text-like).
*Office's user's substitution list ... at "C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Office", in file MSO1033.acl (a DB-like format; for American English).
*Scrivener's Substitution list appears to be in the Windows registry:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Scrivener\Scrivener\Options\AutoCorrection

S's Edit Substitution registry content is not text. When the time comes to move my Scrivener to a new Win10 PC, I will likely export/import S's substitution list from the old to the new registry using Window's Regedit and
copy my Office substitutions file to the new PC.
(Along with the relevant, related, file moves.)

There are too working formats/presets/templates by whatever name that can be set up; these I've not yet seriously defined, arranged, used, so have not taken the time to track them down.

But of course, you already knew all of this!
:D