Default input highlighting? How do I stop it.

db
dbc183c7
Platform: Windows

Mon Aug 08, 2016 10:11 pm Post

When I usually start a new document, my typed input is highlighted: I know how to get rid of highlighting, but how do I stop it?
I suppose that it comes from a default (preset) for new documents, but I do not know where that is controlled or defined.

What I want across the project for my usual input is the "Body" preset.

The highlighting does not occur when I generate a new document from the 'first template' I have set up (the keying for which I have switched to Ctrl+N); that runs without highlighting the text, which is strange to me since the format preset selector on the toolbar still shows the highlighted "Body (note)" preset. (Is the highlighting there illustrative of the preset or merely to demonstrate the currently applicable preset?)

db
dbc183c7

Mon Aug 15, 2016 3:46 pm Post

:)
I found it: F12 > Editor > Default Main Text ... .
The color hint for text highlighting was masked to me by the window's 'selected text' highlighting.

(Something else on the format bar: When the Tutorial is talking but formatting the font in Compile, it refers to the 'A' on the bar with no distinction re the later, distinguished, text color 'A'. And as an aside for that latter, both the Compile format bar's and Tools' require a noticeably slow click to open the palette unlike the quick response of the other 'buttons' on the bar.)

A new, related question (now that I've found the 'default highlighting' switch):
Is there a way to remove the ruler's right-side margin (or at least, expand it to, say, 10 inches)?

db
dbc183c7

Thu Nov 10, 2016 6:44 pm Post

Is there a way to remove the ruler's right-side margin (or at least, expand it to, say, 10 inches or open-ended)?

On this, still in my early stage of file importation, I'd like to have the input notes/files formatted full-editor width rather 'page'.