Location of Table of Contents

lm
lmariam
Platform: Mac + Windows

Sun Dec 28, 2014 11:50 pm Post

Compiling for an ebook, the TOC shows up immediately after the Cover picture and above the Title and Copyright. Is there a way to move the TOC to be inserted after the Front Matter? I can't seem to find anything about the auto generated TOC in the manual or the two books I've bought.

Or
Orrn

Mon Dec 29, 2014 12:56 am Post

Sorry. I don't have an answer, but just wanted to chime in that I was also trying to figure this same issue out. Not an "end of the world" kind of issue, but would be nice to know how to change the default location. And, if it can't be done in Scrivener for Windows, can it be done for the Mac version?

Orrn
GeoffW
Agent of Gaia - No sweat, just save humanity.
http://AgentOfGaia.com

ja
jamesqwerty
Platform: Windows

Sun Jan 04, 2015 9:46 pm Post

For those who search for this TOC issue ...

The only way I could work it to change the TOC position was to edit the compile using Calibre.

From what I can tell after an ebook has been opened and fully read, once it is reopened it starts from after the TOC.

MimeticMouton

Thu Jan 08, 2015 12:53 am Post

The automatically generated TOC is always placed just after the cover, both on Mac and Windows, but it is possible to create a custom table of contents document in the Mac version and place that wherever you wish, then direct the compiler to use it as the HTML contents page. This feature will be coming to the Windows version, but until then you can use another tool like Calibre or Sigil to edit the epub, as jamesqwerty suggested. (You can then use Amazon's Kindle Previewer to convert the epub to a mobi file if needed.)
Jennifer Hughes
(MM for short)

lm
lmariam

Sun Mar 01, 2020 5:52 pm Post

That solved my problem by manually creating a TOC chapter and using the Edit | Copy Special (or something like that) to create the linked entries. The only problem is that you have to manually delete the page number references for an eBook. It would be nice if there was an option to just include the chapter names without a page number but not a big deal.

Am
Amcmo

Mon Mar 02, 2020 4:22 am Post

lmariam wrote:That solved my problem by manually creating a TOC chapter and using the Edit | Copy Special (or something like that) to create the linked entries. The only problem is that you have to manually delete the page number references for an eBook. It would be nice if there was an option to just include the chapter names without a page number but not a big deal.

There are two options there. You have selected the one that generates page numbers, Copy as TOC.

To achieve what you want, use Copy Documents as Structured Link List, then paste into your Contents doc.

I Should add, this is based on Beta V3 Win.

lm
lmariam

Mon Mar 02, 2020 6:10 pm Post

Sweet thanks a lot.