1.7.3.0 Released - 20th Aug 2014

MimeticMouton
Platform: Mac + Windows

Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:28 pm Post

Mad Girl Disease wrote:When it says "changes since the last save," does that refer to the ongoing auto saves that Scriv does, or to a manual Ctrl-S saves? Both?

Manual save and auto-save are the same operation, so this means changes since either. Auto-save runs as part of closing the project, so backups made during that procedure weren't affected by the bug. Likewise, if you used the option to create a backup when performing a manual save, those backups saved all changes. It was only when running either "Back Up Now" or "Back Up To..." after making edits but without saving or leaving enough time for the auto-save to run that those edits could be missing from the backup copy.
Jennifer Hughes
(MM for short)

Mad Girl Disease
Platform: Windows

Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:52 am Post

Ah, I see. Interesting. I appreciate the explanation.
Lead me not into user error.

fa
fadedwave

Fri Sep 12, 2014 1:30 pm Post

The addition of define and especially synonym is most welcome! Just one thing -- at first I couldn't find it because I was highlighting the word and then right clicking -- if you do this, these are not in the context menu. This is how I usually do it in Word, so I was confused at first.
Western Redemption in Dystopian America
Read The Wanderer and the New West by Adam Bender

MimeticMouton
Platform: Mac + Windows

Fri Sep 12, 2014 9:52 pm Post

Yes, we're aware of the bug with that, and it will be fixed with the next update so the "Define" option appears for selected text. Glad you're enjoying it otherwise!
Jennifer Hughes
(MM for short)

fa
fadedwave

Sat Sep 13, 2014 5:07 am Post

Great to hear. Yeah, before this update I kept going to thesaurus.com and it was breaking my flow.
Western Redemption in Dystopian America
Read The Wanderer and the New West by Adam Bender

na
nader_khaghani

Tue Jul 26, 2016 11:48 pm Post

I downloaded a trial copy of the scrivener for windows, but I have already paid for one, except I lost the key. Please help. thanks.

nader_khaghani@yahoo.com

Sanguinius

Tue Jul 26, 2016 11:52 pm Post

nader_khaghani wrote:I downloaded a trial copy of the scrivener for windows, but I have already paid for one, except I lost the key. Please help. thanks.

nader_khaghani@yahoo.com

Email customer support with your information. They can actually help you. This is a community forum, mostly filled with non-employees who have no way of helping you with what you need in this situation.