Windows Version Can't Open a Mac File

Di
Disquisitor Sam
Platform: Mac + Windows

Thu Mar 13, 2014 2:32 pm Post

I have a partner who recently got Scrivener for Windows for the purposes of co-authorship with me (I use the Mac version). Our plan is to use DropBox to keep our Scrivener file in sync. We ran into a problem, however, in that her copy of Scrivener won't open the file I've been using for the last year. When she tries to open it, she doesn't even get an error message. Scrivener just sits and does nothing.

She's going into the project folder to open the .scrivx version of the file, and we aren't trying to open the file at the same time. She uses Windows 7 Home and we both have the latest versions of Scrivener to our respective OSes. I've checked the task manager when she opens the file to see if Scrivener's CPU usage spikes to indicate that it's just taking a long time, but there don't seem to be any changes.

Is there anything we can do?

Sp
SpringfieldMH
Platform: Mac, Win + iOS

Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:25 am Post

I'm a Scrivener enthusiast and (used to be) experienced in PC/network support... but I am not a Scrivener expert. And I'm still editing on my first book. So take any opinion or advice I offer with a large grain of salt.

Di
Disquisitor Sam
Platform: Mac + Windows

Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:47 pm Post

Totally worked. Opened package contents on the file in question, removed the conflicts. File opened right up. Thanks.