Will auto-generate work "in reverse?"

jwnelson
Platform: Windows

Mon May 07, 2012 6:28 pm Post

Meaning, it is great to populate the index card from a folder/text's contents, but for those who start using the corkboard, is there a way to copy a card's contents to the associated folder/text? For me, that would be very nice.
thanks!!
John

AmberV
Platform: Mac + Linux

Mon May 07, 2012 6:38 pm Post

Not yet, but there will be a menu command for that, working just how you describe. Select five cards, use the command, and their synopses will be appended to the main text area (so as to not destroy anything already there).
.:.
Ioa Petra'ka
“Whole sight, or all the rest is desolation.” —John Fowles

jwnelson

Mon May 07, 2012 6:40 pm Post

AmberV wrote:Not yet, but there will be a menu command for that, working just how you describe. Select five cards, use the command, and their synopses will be appended to the main text area (so as to not destroy anything already there).

Terrific! (Is there a mailing list or forum topic to which we can subscribe for new of beta/new release announcements?)
John

shorn
Platform: Mac

Mon May 07, 2012 7:22 pm Post

For some reason this makes me think of the miniature Professor Frink's response when the miniaturized Lisa Simpson asks why he can't reverse the shrinking process

"Well that would require some sort of a Rebigulator which is a concept so ridiculous it makes me want to laugh out loud and chortle!"

:wink:

Ay
Aycae

Mon May 07, 2012 9:32 pm Post

Wow, this is fantastic news :) I've always thought how useful it would be to insert text from index cards to the main text with a Ctrl+click on the auto-generate button (heh --reverse thinking; see, I love index cards). Whatever the mechanism, this would be a really welcome addition,
Thanks to the OP for bringing this to the agenda and so we know it will happen,
Cheers,
Ayca
Windows 7 x64 (main) -- Ubuntu 10.10 on VirtualBox + Mac OSX Leopard

AmberV
Platform: Mac + Linux

Tue May 08, 2012 5:49 am Post

We don't have a specific beta announcement mailing list, but you'll note that in the Windows section there is a beta testing sub-forum. Keeping tabs on that will alert you to any public betas currently going on (there is one right now). We also make an attempt to broadcast the release of beta version on Twitter. For full releases, use the "Keep Up To Date" item in your Help menu to sign up to the main newsletter (low volume---we just use it for major announcements).
.:.
Ioa Petra'ka
“Whole sight, or all the rest is desolation.” —John Fowles

robertdguthrie
Platform: Mac

Tue May 08, 2012 12:57 pm Post

jwnelson wrote:Terrific! (Is there a mailing list or forum topic to which we can subscribe for new of beta/new release announcements?)
John

Keep an eye on viewforum.php?f=34 for news of new betas.
Often wrong, rarely in doubt.
Time for a change... I'm now rdale; same dog-avatar, same dog... channel?

jwnelson

Tue May 08, 2012 6:36 pm Post

AmberV wrote:We don't have a specific beta announcement mailing list, but you'll note that in the Windows section there is a beta testing sub-forum. Keeping tabs on that will alert you to any public betas currently going on (there is one right now). We also make an attempt to broadcast the release of beta version on Twitter. For full releases, use the "Keep Up To Date" item in your Help menu to sign up to the main newsletter (low volume---we just use it for major announcements).

Many thanks!!