Turning typewriter scrolling on and off

Ed
EdwardOwen
Platform: Linux

Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:06 pm Post

As usual, I looked for this topic and could not find it, so one more string to add to your ever growing ball of twine known as Scrivener (metaphor foul, I know).

Typewriter scrolling is great when I'm writing, a major pain in the derriere when I am editing, so I turn it off and on frequently. I have noticed that the normal buttons under Tools>Options>Editor seem to have changed. See screen shot on attached file (I can't seem to get a screen shot uploaded as part of my message either). I am probably missing something, so please steer me back on course. Thanks.

Ed Owen
Attachments
Scriv SS 1.doc
Screen shot of Scrivener Tools>Options>Editor showing Typewriter options
(128.5 KiB) Downloaded 54 times
"Nothing beats the love of a good woman, but the affections of a naughty one are a close second. - Pocket Philosopher :D

Ed
EdwardOwen

Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:19 pm Post

Why do I only find the answer after I have posted the question? For those who read this, typewriter scrolling seems (according to my rather faulty memory) to have been moved to Format>Options>Typewriter scrolling. However, I can't seem to turn off the option in Full Screen mode. (sigh) So then, this post has not been a complete waste of time (unless I find the answer myself). Thanks for the help.

Ed
"Nothing beats the love of a good woman, but the affections of a naughty one are a close second. - Pocket Philosopher :D

AmberV
Platform: Mac + Linux

Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:34 pm Post

The Meta-Ctrl-T shortcut should be working in full screen. I just tested it out. Meta is the key with the Windows logo in it, by the way.
.:.
Ioa Petra'ka
“Whole sight, or all the rest is desolation.” —John Fowles

Ed
EdwardOwen

Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:23 pm Post

thanks, I was going to ask that and forgot. I will give it a shot and see if it works for me......

Ed

MimeticMouton
Platform: Mac + Windows

Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:31 pm Post

AmberV wrote:Meta is the key with the Windows logo in it, by the way.

Otherwise the Alt key.
Jennifer Hughes
(MM for short)

AmberV
Platform: Mac + Linux

Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:39 pm Post

That's what I tried first, as "Meta" is just another name of "Alt" on other platforms, like "Option" on a Mac---but when I try Ctrl-Alt-T I just get a capital T. Is Meta only synonymous with Alt if the keyboard doesn't have a Win key?
.:.
Ioa Petra'ka
“Whole sight, or all the rest is desolation.” —John Fowles

MimeticMouton
Platform: Mac + Windows

Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:29 pm Post

Ah right, that's probably the stipulation. Thanks.
Jennifer Hughes
(MM for short)