Seach in Status w/o Highlighting Text?

js
jsschley
Platform: Windows

Sun Jul 31, 2011 2:13 pm Post

I confess I don't know if this is a bug or a feature. I'm trying to keep my revision organized by using the status label for my various documents. Periodically I go and make a collection called the "to-do list" by searching for statuses "To do needs" (for my "to do" statuses and my "needs revisions" statuses).

I set "Search In" to "Status" and "Operator" to "Whole Words." The search executes perfectly, returning the documents I want, but the text has highlight on all the words that appear in the query, even though the query was supposed to be only looking at the status label. Quite frustrating, as to, do, and needs show up fairly frequently in any given text, and I don't really want them to be yellow.

Once I've saved the collection, is there a way to keep it from highlighting the words I was searching for?

MimeticMouton
Platform: Mac + Windows

Sun Jul 31, 2011 3:42 pm Post

This is just a bug and I believe it's already been fixed for the next version, so that the terms only highlight when appropriate (e.g. if you search in status, it won't highlight terms in the text).
Jennifer Hughes
(MM for short)

js
jsschley
Platform: Windows

Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:52 am Post

Excellent. I'll look even more forward to the next update.

Thanks for the speedy reply.