Running spellcheck and turning it off

dr
dreamyraynbo
Platform: Windows

Fri Mar 11, 2011 5:29 pm Post

First of all, is there a way to run spell check like in Word, where the program goes through each word and you don't have to right-click every single one? The right-click option isn't horrible if you're in the process of writing, but it is horrible if you're importing a 300 page story and the whole darn thing is red squiggles because it's a fantasy story.

Alternatively, is there a way to turn spell check off. I generally don't have it on in Word, since I don't have many spelling errors (now that I've said that, I bet there will be one in this post, lol), and since many of my stories incorporate their own language and names. I may run it once at the end, to catch some of the actual errors (see above question), but that's about it.

Thanks in advance!

no
norstrom73
Platform: Windows

Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:01 pm Post

Hi there. Were you able to find an answer to your question on how to turn the spell check option "off"? I can't find one either.

Thanks.

robertdguthrie
Platform: Mac

Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:23 pm Post

I don't know about turning it off, but Tools->Spelling brings up the more familiar spell checking window.
Often wrong, rarely in doubt.
Time for a change... I'm now rdale; same dog-avatar, same dog... channel?

MimeticMouton
Platform: Mac + Windows

Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:46 pm Post

The check-as-you-type can be turned on and off globally in the Corrections tab of Tools > Options. There's not currently a way to set it differently for individual projects, though you can always just run the spell check (bringing up the separate window) with Tools > Spelling, as Robert said.
Jennifer Hughes
(MM for short)