Paragraph Indents not saving

ni
nightswimmin
Platform: Windows

Sat Dec 18, 2010 2:14 pm Post

Every time I reset my computer my new paragraph indents disappear and every file in my project lines up against the left margin.

This happens both with new text files and when I copy and paste text from word.

StaceyUK
Platform: Mac, Win + iOS

Sat Dec 18, 2010 3:21 pm Post

Can you clarify what you mean by 'resetting your computer' please? This will enable us to answer your query better.
Blessings, Stacey

System Specs

Windows 7
Scrivener 1.9.7 / 2.8 /3.0.3/1.1.5 (1301)
Scapple 1.0.0.0
Windows 2.9.0.26 Beta

ni
nightswimmin

Sat Dec 18, 2010 4:30 pm Post

StaceyUK wrote:Can you clarify what you mean by 'resetting your computer' please? This will enable us to answer your query better.

Reset = full system restart or shutdown.

ni
nightswimmin

Sat Dec 18, 2010 4:55 pm Post

Just a quick update because I've been trying different things to find the glitch.

If a "New Text" file is added and I immediately set the indent tool where it needs to be before doing any writing it seems to be fine - this includes a system restart.

When I try to modify the existing formatting of saved documents ( it doesn't matter whether it was typed up in Scrivener or pasted from Word) the indent tool saves temporarily but regresses after a full restart or shutdown on the computer.

If I close Scrivener and reopen it without restarting the computer the changes stay the way they should.

mightygitis

Sun Dec 19, 2010 6:40 am Post

The last person who was still having persistent indent problems reinstalled and the problem went away.
I am running Scrivener Beta 1.4 onWindows XP Home Edition w/ Service Pack 3 installed on a Acer Aspire One netbook computer. I am also running it on Windows Vista Home Basic on a Dell Inspiron E1405 laptop.

Check the Bug List before you post!