Keystroke to float quick reference panels conflicts with system command to show macOS lock screen

ne
nevdev
Platform: Mac

Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:07 pm Post

Searched for this but couldn't find it.

The keyboard shortcut that's baked-in to Scrivener 3.0: Window > Float Quick Reference Panels conflicts with the new system keystroke in macOS 10.13.2 ("High Sierra") to go to the Mac lockscreen.

I know that the former can be modified in System Preferences, but I thought a heads-up may be in order.

KB
Site Admin

Wed Dec 20, 2017 5:31 pm Post

Thanks, I've fixed this for 3.0.1.
All the best,
Keith
"You can't waltz in here, use my toaster, and start spouting universal truths without qualification."

No
November Sierra

Mon Dec 25, 2017 2:48 am Post

KB wrote:Thanks, I've fixed this for 3.0.1.
All the best,
Keith

I just ran into the same problem. Having 3.0.1 (966) installed, it's still ⌃⌘Q. I upgraded from 3.0. Does Scrivener keep that keyboard shortcut even it's the default setting (not altered by me)? What's the new "official" key combo? If I've to change it manually I want to get it right.

Merry Christmas!

br
brookter

Mon Dec 25, 2017 6:47 am Post

The new shortcut is cmd-opt-ctl-q (and it shows this in the menu): it's working fine for me. Cmd-ctl-q triggers log out as expected so there is no longer any conflict between the two.

No
November Sierra

Tue Dec 26, 2017 12:38 am Post

brookter wrote:The new shortcut is cmd-opt-ctl-q (and it shows this in the menu): it's working fine for me. Cmd-ctl-q triggers log out as expected so there is no longer any conflict between the two.

Thanks, brookter! I found the problem by accident when I switched Scrivener's language for a nice screenshot from my system default (German) to English. And what do you know, there it is, and working just fine. Changing back the language brings back the wrong shortcut. And it won't work, too.

Are the keyboard shortcuts different for different languages? :?:

br
brookter

Tue Dec 26, 2017 7:57 am Post

Ah... That's odd! I've just tried to change the language to see what I found, but I'd forgotten that I'd stripped out all the localisation information from my Mac so I couldn't... Perhaps somebody else can test it for you.

In any case, you'll be better off reporting it on mac.support@literatureandlatte.com. They're on their Christmas break at the moment, but will deal with it when they get back.

regards.

KB
Site Admin

Fri Jan 05, 2018 4:51 pm Post

Oops! Sorry, it seems I forgot to re-run the translation scripts for 3.0.1, which means it didn't get updated for other languages. I'll fix this for 3.0.2.
"You can't waltz in here, use my toaster, and start spouting universal truths without qualification."