Scrivener User Manual Corrections

nontroppo
Platform: Mac

Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:09 am Post

§24.22.1: From this thread: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=49854 — there are two issues. The first is the Environment edit description (p.647) is wrong, you cannot edit environment items using key=var. All it accepts is a path fragment that is prepended to path.

The other one is more conceptual:

Instead that file will be held in a hidden temporary location, to be further processed by the command you specify in the fields below.

Is this really what happens? My custom post-processor scrivomatic seems convinced it is being run in the compile folder (it checks its path, STDIN etc.), not a temporary folder...

Finally a very minor thing. The Headers in the manual use XX.X. Title — is that second period necessary?

AmberV
Platform: Mac + Linux

Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:00 pm Post

Thanks, I’ll fix these, along with some 3.0.1 stragglers after the holiday break.

Finally a very minor thing. The Headers in the manual use XX.X. Title — is that second period necessary?

Yes. ;) More precisely, I’d rather figure out why spaces are dropped when copying them than changing the stock label.
.:.
Ioa Petra'ka
“Whole sight, or all the rest is desolation.” —John Fowles

nontroppo
Platform: Mac

Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:36 pm Post

Based on the confusion this user has here: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=50043 — I wonder whether a clearer description of the differences between EPub2/legacy-mobi vs. EPub3/KF8 would be worth including? I ended up referring that user to the blog, but wish I had a more pithy info box or something I could refer them to in the manual...