quick ref in full screen mode

du
duanedel
Platform: Mac

Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:41 am Post

v. 2.8.1 / os x 10.12.4
If I'm in full screen and select a file in the Binder and hit the Quick Ref button in the toolbar, I can't see the Quick Ref window until I leave full-screen - then it pops into view. I guess it's "behind" the full screen. I tried setting the Dock options for Scrivener to "all desktops," but that didn't affect it. I get this behavior whether I'm using two displays or one. I do have Float QuickReference Panels checked, and they do show up fine when I'm not in full screen.

uhu

Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:58 am Post

I tried to access preferences after entering Compose mode on a dual-screen setup to check the settings (binder doesn't show on secondary), but Scrivener crashed. Seems reproducible.
Tried to submit a bug report, timed out.
Tried to send a bug report mail with the error codes, mail crashed.
System is up to date and stable.
Book on Jugger, download for free –- a real-world post-apocalyptic sport :: twitter :: writing factbooks, novels and SciFi series books with Scrivener

Li
Little Angel
Platform: Mac, Win + iOS

Sun Sep 10, 2017 2:55 pm Post

This seems to be a conflict with floating the quick reference panels and fullscreen mode (at least on the Mac - tho' there's one report on the forum that this is true in windows).

If I have both “Float QuickReference Panels” enabled and I am in Fullscreen mode, the QuickReference Panels are not displayed.
If I turn off “Float QuickReference Panels” then the panels appear.
If I am not in Fullscreen mode then the panels appear.

xiamenese

Sun Sep 10, 2017 4:39 pm Post

Given that Scrivener v. 3 for Mac has apparently been in beta testing for most of this year, and Lit&Lat are now posting on their blog about up-coming features on v. 3, I don't imagine for a moment that anything will be done, at least in the immediate future, about any potential bugs in v. 2. Whether Keith will revisit them once v. 3 has settled down as a help to those who can't or won't upgrade to v. 3, I have no idea.

Remember also that Keith, as the sole developer for the Mac and iOS versions of Scrivener, is also having to trouble-shoot the iOS version pending the release of iOS 11, and has hinted at wanting eventually to do some updates for Scapple. I would guess it's going to be really quite some time before he might turn his mind to issues like this if at all.

Mark
Just a long-term user and avid reader of these forums!
The Scrivenato sometimes known as Mr X.
iMac 27" (late 2015) 10.15.6, 24GB RAM, 512GB SSID
MBP17" (late 2011) 10.13.6, 16GB RAM, 2TB SSID
2017 iPad, iPadOS 14, 128GB, Apple Pencil
Scrivener, Scapple, Nisus Writer Pro, Bookends …

sc
scshrugged
Platform: Mac + iOS

Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:59 pm Post

Please see this thread for an easy to apply workaround: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=39354#p238247
I'm a Scrivener user, not an L&L employee.