Composition mode/Dual Screen/Control Panel

Sa
SanjayMehta
Platform: Mac + iOS

Fri Aug 05, 2016 7:24 am Post

I use a Macbook Pro 13in with a 24in monitor placed behind and above the laptop screen. The laptop screen is the main screen; the monitor is the secondary. In other words, the OS X dock appears on the laptop screen and the screens are stacked one above the other.

With the Scrivener app running on the monitor, I enter into Composition mode. This triggers the Control Panel briefly on the monitor, i.e. it fades in and then out.

Now when I move the mouse to the bottom of the monitor, I expect to see the Control Panel. However, since it's a dual screen configuration, the mouse slides into the laptop screen below, without triggering the Control Panel. Sliding the mouse further down towards the dock does nothing, as expected.

If Scrivener is opened on the laptop screen, then the Control Panel appears properly. If the screens are arranged in the System->Displays preferences to be side by side, the Control Panel appears as expected. I suspect that my (admittedly odd) configuration hasn't been tested, as I can't find any references in the forum to such a problem.

OS X El Capitan, 10.11.6
Scrivener 2.8 (26295)
Macbook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2012)

Sa
SanjayMehta
Platform: Mac + iOS

Wed Feb 28, 2018 6:22 am Post

After the upgrade to version 3, this issue is sorted out. The Control Panel appears as expected.

KB
Site Admin
Platform: Mac

Wed Feb 28, 2018 2:10 pm Post

Great, thanks for the update - glad it's fixed!
"You can't waltz in here, use my toaster, and start spouting universal truths without qualification."