Sorry Keith, don't have a lot of support info for a crash

ph
philm
Platform: Mac

Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:34 am Post

Hi Keith,

I was working on my project under 10.7.4. and Scrivener 2.3 (19120) on a MacBook Air. I was moving documents between folders, nary a problem in the past. Then I got a beach ball that didn't go away for five minutes, so I force-quit Scrivener. [I haven't had to commit that act of violence in years, so I thought I'd send you the crash report in case you could catch something from it to help you in your endeavors.] I wish I could tell you *exactly* what I was doing at the time, but it didn't seem that I was attempting anything extraordinary, so I don't remember the details, and all I can say is that I had a project open, I was editing with two editors, possibly the inspector was open, and I tried to move a doc from one folder to another, and then BAAHM, the beach ball.

All the best to you for 2013. I am constantly appreciative of your software.

Phil

PS I thought I had submitted the crash report, but there's a problem in my upload to the board. I'll keep trying. Stay posted ...

PPS I'm new to Lion. When I saved a copy of the crash report it was given the extension .hang which was not accepted by the Scrivener board. Lord knows! But to get you the info I copied the text of the crash report into a txt file, see attached.

PPPS What? Now I'm told by the board that the .rtf extension is not accepted. Obviously I am doing something wrong. I will email you the crash report. sorry for bumbling this!

KB
Site Admin
Platform: Mac

Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:04 pm Post

Thanks, Phil. We're all back from the Christmas holidays today, so we have a few emails to go through - I'll look out for yours. For future reference, if the boards refuse to upload a file because of its extension, try zipping it up (ctrl-click on it in the Finder and select "Compress 'filename'..."). The boards will accept .zip files.

Thanks again and all the best,
Keith
"You can't waltz in here, use my toaster, and start spouting universal truths without qualification."