Still Alive!!

ma
matt

Mon Jun 14, 2010 2:46 am Post

Hi All,
Let me start by saying that contrary to popular reports, I am not dead, and neither is this application.

Progress has been very slow since around October last year, for a few reasons:
1) I ended an 8 year relationship.
2) My workload at my real job increased dramatically for the start of 2010 - for most of this year I have worked a lot of 10 hour days, and many weekends as well (thankfully I am paid by the hour!).
3) Any remaining time I spent relaxing with my new partner, to make sure that my new relationship didn't end up like my last.
4) When I was going to post this message earlier in the month, I had an unexpected detour via the emergency department instead.

The good news is that I am now happy, healthy, and my workload will die down in the second half of the year, allowing me to continue development on Aeon Timeline and implement all the good ideas that people have still been coming up with in my absence.

I apologise for being so unresponsive, and not posting this message sooner. Initially I was reading the forums and just not responding, and then the weeks started to fly by and I hadn't even had the chance to read over them.

I don't expect a repeat of this problem again -- certainly, once Aeon becomes a commercial problem, I will maintain responsiveness etc. at all times. But then it will hopefully be producing the income to make it worthwhile.

Over the next week or so I will read through the forum and messages on my blog and respond to any individual suggestions or questions properly, and most importantly, I will get back to work on the next Aeon version - it is too early for me to start forecasting the next release date.

Regards,
Matt

Ja
James Wilde

Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:52 pm Post

Good news! Glad to hear from you again, Matt.

it is too early for me to start forecasting the next release date.

Hopefully it'll be before June 30, when the current beta runs out!

//James

Ri
Rita

Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:03 pm Post

Glad to hear you haven't abandoned Aeon (or its users)! It's a remarkable program. Sounds like you've had a roller-coaster time. Hang in there! :D Rita

ha
hak

Sun Nov 14, 2010 7:05 pm Post

Hi Matt,
how are you doing?
Your Aeon user friends are desperate for a new lifesign from you and for our beloved Aeon!
Are both still alive?
Best regards

PJ
PJS
Platform: Mac + Windows

Sun Nov 14, 2010 8:19 pm Post

Working right now from an Aeon-generated time line print out taped to the wall (I do need that bigger screen). Glad to hear you're well, and Aeon will advance.

Phil
You can't conquer stupid — or cure it — with more stupid.

Spitfire31

Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:37 pm Post

Hi,

I'm getting a wee bit worried – it's five months since Matt started this thread and now I'm wondering if the exclamation marks in the thread title should perhaps be question marks.

I have the greatest respect for a dev who needs to take a time out for whatever reason, personal or whatever. But it would reassure future users of Aeon TL, if we could at least have a small sign of life – like a one line post saying "gon out, backson, bisy, backson."

Preferably with some very rough estimate as to the number of months corresponding to backson. ;-)

Seriously, it's not ideal for a business to leave potential customers in limbo for months on end. That's what killed Jer's Novel Writer, when the dev went AWOL for more than a year. Now he seems to be back, after a fashion, but I'd imagine he'll have a hard time to win back customers, who have migrated to pastures new in the meantime.

So, please, Matt – just give us a little 'backson'. Aeon TL is too good a concept to be allowed to wither.

Best,

Joachim