Different time format for each event, not the entire timel

co
cor_stellae
Platform: Mac + Windows

Sun Apr 04, 2010 6:24 pm Post

I've been testing Aeon Timeline for an entire weekend now, and so far I like it a lot. But I would like to know if there is a way to set different time format to each event separately. I'll explain a litte further what I mean.

I'm working on a historical novel, and I'm using timelines to organize my research data. For some events, all I have is a year, no day or month, or even hour. But there are other events fully registered, with a full date. Therefore, I really would like to be able to assign each event the information as accurate as I have it: if I have the full date, then go for it; if I only have a year, I would like to assign the year and not the day or the month (or even months and years, without days).

The only timeline software (that I'm aware of) that works like that is BeeDocs Timeline.

Is there a way to make it on Aeon TimeLine, or I can only change settings for the entire timeline?

ma
matt

Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:03 am Post

HI,
Currently there is no way to have different formats for different events - but it is something on my list to include for the future.

Thanks,
Matt

co
cor_stellae
Platform: Mac + Windows

Thu Apr 08, 2010 3:38 pm Post

Thank you, Matt. I'll be waiting that version.

nb
nbfilms
Platform: Mac

Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:17 pm Post

That would be fantastic. I'd love to see that functionality as well.