ra
random_pattern

Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:57 pm Post

Can someone please tell me where to download it? I've been waiting for an update for months! Thanks.

ra
random_pattern

Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:03 am Post

Anyone? I've seen all sorts of references to 0.4.4, so I figured it's available already.

Ct
Cthulhu2K
Platform: Mac

Fri Feb 05, 2010 6:27 am Post

ma
matt

Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:42 am Post

Sorry, I somehow missed this post in the Active post list.

I am working very hard on getting the next version ready!

ha
hak

Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:44 pm Post

Hi Matt,
can you already disclose a bit of what you will give us with the next version?
Your current version is limited until end of Feb, isn't it?
We're looking forward to hear about what new features there will be .....

Thank you so much in advance!

ma
matt

Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:05 am Post

The main thing I am working on is the Fantasy Calendar, which is taking a lot of time to get right because it has all sorts of nasty calculations it has to deal with, and they have to be implemented to work very quickly (if only leap years didn't exist, and all months were the same duration and perfectly divisible by the days in a week, things would be simple).

Aside from that, I am playing around with a few ideas based on the long conversation regarding the user interface and collapsible timelines. There will be some improvements flowing into this release due to that, but the main benefits/changes will flow into the release after that.

I want to get the Fantasy Calendar done first because it is a large body of work, and needs to be thoroughly tested over an extended period. When that is done, I think a super usable slick user interface becomes pretty close to the top priority.

There are also lots of bug fixes to be done. I am pushing hard to get it ready, although there may be another minor bug fix release and extension to the expiry before I get this one out - I probably want to pass the Fantasy Calendar system through a private beta first because it is a large body of work.

There is also likely to be some good news regarding exporting that a lot of people will be pretty pleased with, but I will keep that on hold until things are worked out more fully.

Matt

Pl
Plette

Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:56 pm Post

Yay fantasy calendar! I cannot wait to try it :)

ha
hak

Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:36 pm Post

Thank you, Matt, for the new release - and now we will work with it and give you our feedback!

ma
matt

Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:17 pm Post

The new release literally is just an extension of the expiry date.

I am working hard on the next custom calendar release, however, and hope to have it ready fairly soon. Although I will probably put it through a private beta first.

Matt

Ri
Rita

Sat Apr 24, 2010 4:10 pm Post

Hi Matt

I just downloaded the 0.4.4. version yesterday -- I'm a new user so this is my first experience with your software. What can I say? It's absolutely fantastic! Exactly what I've been looking for. Seeing the story set out visually (with colors) really helps me get a handle on the overall picture. I like having the two views, where I can see how the timeline relates by character, or by story arc. (And I really like that you can differentiate between a character that's physically in the scene and one that's observing -- or, in my case, mentioned.) I'm writing a mystery, which spans maybe two weeks. But I'm juggling multiple plotlines and was feeling overwhelmed by sequencing scenes. I ran into some glitches on Aeon earlier today, but then the software unexpectedly quit and when it came back up, everything worked smoothly, so presumably you were already aware of what was going on. I will be happy to give you feedback as I continue to use the system. Two small items I wondered about today: (1) When I input new events or new entities, I have to delete the automatically populated text first rather than just being able to start typing what I want to put in the field (2) After inputting the text, hitting Enter spits me out of the screen; I figured out that Tab works, but doesn't feel natural to me. Anyway, small points. Overall, I'm loving Aeon and wish you every success with it. :lol: Rita

Ri
Rita

Sat Apr 24, 2010 4:59 pm Post

And another nice feature...Just noticed in Story Arc View, the little dot of colour denotes the Label (in my case, a specific character's POV). Very handy, so thanks. :D Rita