Dates

cg
cgcis

Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:17 pm Post

Hey Matt,

I'm still having trouble with dates. In settings, I have Inspector and Timeline set to 5/23/1999 format, and I have Month/Day checked. In the Inspector, and in story arc view, the dates are correct. In the Timeline, they appear 23/5/1999. I've tried editing an entry, I've tried changing the setting to something else to see if I can knock it off it's position, I've even tried changing the Timeline setting to "none" in the date field--nothing I do has any effect. I tried creating a test entry as well--it's still formatted date/month/year. Any ideas?

Thanks, cg

ma
matt

Sat Oct 03, 2009 10:56 pm Post

Sorry,
I somehow missed this post earlier. I usually keep up to date via the Active Topics, and missed this in that list.

I will look into this and see if there is a bug.

cg
cgcis

Sat Mar 20, 2010 6:28 pm Post

Hey Matt,
I thought I'd come back to this and see if there had been any further developments. I started using the timeline program, but abandoned it when the problems I was having with dates made it unusable for me. The translation of my entries (Month/Day/Year) into Day/Month/Year format kept causing me to make errors in my story...incorrect birth dates, continuity problems because I was getting seasons wrong, etc. Has there been any change to this? It worked correctly when I started, but somewhere along the line became "broken". I would really like to use the program, but I just started a test timeline, and am having the exact same problems. I adjusted Timeline setting to 5/23/1999, it appears correctly in the inspector, but in the main display, it shows up as 23/5/1999. Big problem!! Any help would be appreciated...

Thanks, CG

Ca
Carradee
Platform: Mac

Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:58 pm Post

I'm having this problem, too. (Version 0.4.4 on PowerPC G4 iBook w/ 10.5.8) Is there any update? I'm wanting to use the program for a novel I'm writing, but I'm having a hard time with the date stuff.

I've also noticed that I can't seem to change the time when I make a new event.
Wanna hydroplane?
--My brother (while driving)