The application has been tested on Snow Leopard and should be compatible, but there may be a few issues that are yet to appear. As always, remember to keep regular backups of your timelines in case you encounter errors.
The big addition to this release is in the improved exporting capabilities. The export mode allows you to filter events based on Tags, Story Arcs, Entities, and manual selection, and then export them to a variety of formats and applications, including:
- Both Story Arc View and Entity View can be exported to a range of image files (BMP, GIF, JPEG, PDF, PNG, TIFF).
- To Scrivener, via OPML (a better Scrivener exporter will be coming with Scrivener 2.0).
- RTF document, HTML table
- Other presentational timeline applications, including Bee Doc’s Timeline and Simile Timeline.
The export system uses a plugin architecture, which makes it easy for further applications to be added in future). If there is an application you wish to see included, please let me know.
Other changes include background images, the ability to specify an entity’s age at first event, improvements to the collapsible timelines, and improved calculation speed.
Before downloading the beta, please read the Introduction and Beta/Forum Rules.
Please post all general bug reports found in this beta as a reply to this thread. Wish list items and discussion of other pending features belong in their own threads.
If the application crashes, please include the crash log and output from the Console in your bug report.
* Known display problem in Tiger where the date is displayed next to the overview bar.
* Known problem in Tiger where the split view grabber in the footer has no effect.