What exporters would you like to see?

ma
matt

Sun Aug 16, 2009 5:10 am Post

I have now written the export system in such a way that it will be extremely simple to add additional exporters, so I am interested in what formats people might like to export Aeon data into.

At the moment, it does the following:
1) PDF or image of Entity View and Story Arc View (showing the chosen events)
2) HTML Table with a row per event, and showing their various attributes and associated entities.
3) XML format which Scrivener will be able to open once Keith implements his end (I expect this will come in V 2.0) -- this format is tailored pretty specifically for Scrivener.

What other formats would people like to see?

I will add a generic XML and also a plain text, but I am not sure what format would be sensible for plain text.

Suggestions welcome!

Matt

ja
janra
Platform: Mac

Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:59 am Post

Whatever format some of the pretty timeline viewers use, maybe? Like Bee Docs (print) and Simile (web). Each has nifty display features and can read some sort of input file to quickly build a timeline.

ma
matt

Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:29 am Post

I think they both use some kind of XML format, although Simile has extra fancy stuff to control the compacting of time etc. which I don't think I would include at this stage :-)

ja
janra
Platform: Mac

Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:58 am Post

In Simile, the timeline setup (including time compacting) is separate from the events list. Just providing the events list in their format would be nice.

At least, that's what it was like a year or two go when I last looked at it.