new user

re
rebecca

Sun Jul 05, 2009 8:34 pm Post

I just downloaded Aeon Timeline and played with it for a few minutes. I can see that this is going to be a HUGE help to me. I can't wait to see how it develops. Thank you Matt for creating Aeon Timeline.

Rebecca

ma
matt

Mon Jul 06, 2009 5:41 am Post

Hi Rebecca,
Thanks for your interest.

Please let me know how you find it when you get a chance to play with it for an extended period.

ja
janewatson

Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:44 am Post

I agree, I am another new user. I will definitely buy this app. Please keep developing it. I have been trying to use Timeline 3D which is not made for writers and my attempts to make it bend to my will have not been that successful. Love the Story Arc feature!
--–––––––––––––
Hindustan Contessa
A novel by Jane Watson
ISBN: 0 330 36361 1
Picador - Pan Macmillan Australia
http://www.janewatson.com.au

cg
cgcis

Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:35 pm Post

Hey Matt,
I just wanted to chime in, and send along my thanks for the creation of a truly excellent piece of software. I've been using it daily for two weeks, and find new things to admire about it daily.

In particular, I like the ability to add an event, then see how old my characters would be when it occurred. For instance, in my current novel, several of my characters would have been affected by the Vietnam War. By plugging in the dates of the war, plus the date the draft lottery was instituted, I can figure out which characters would have been forced to take some sort of action relative to it. Sweet!

The Story Arc view is also extremely valuable. It allows me to create individual characters, then link them together in a communal story arc. For instance, I've used story arcs to combine family units. It works well, and allows me to track them in relation to each other. This is different from all the other timeline programs I've tried, and I can't wait for the next update. Keep up the great work, please--it's much appreciated! cg

ma
matt

Sun Aug 16, 2009 4:46 am Post

Thanks for the positive feedback.

The next version is nearing completion, and should be out in a week or so.

And then I have something extra planned for the next release, which I won't discuss now, just in case it doesn't work as well in reality as it does in my head.

Matt